Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SerreChevalier-7th-14th April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off woth the teens and hubby, anyone there care to meet for vin chaud, chocolat,beer? In Chantmerle, so maybe the Yeti, or Cafe SOleil at Serre Ratier at lunchtime?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen - you can go off people you know! Mutter mutter mutter Wink

My wife received some details on a place for sale the other day, and has been dropping hints about going over for a long weekend to have a look at the place. So you never know, we might be there Cool She's really set her heart on moving there at some point.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We got some details too, so fight you for it. I'm thinking about it too, but will have to get kids through school first, not a good time in their education to move. Will probably buy to rent out first,then move out later.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The chalet hotel at serre ratier was for sale last year approx 500,000 euros. I don't know if it's still on the market.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
By comparison with some property prices down in the villages, that doesn't sound too outrageous.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw some projections on the length of the season ovr the next decade (I know, lies, damn lies and statistics and all that).... but Serre Che definitely fell in the two weeks shorter than the Savoie zone... Just my tuppence worth....

When we moved from Provence last year all our friends, contacts were from the southern Alps area, including Serre Che. We love the south, and would much rather have stayed there. But it seemed more prudent to opt for the highest and most snowsure regions, if we were going to take the plunge and head for the mountains.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On Trans World Sport on C4 Saturday, they interviewed the Director of Pistes in Serre Che, and with the current snowline of 1300m likely to rise to 2000m within 30-40 or so years (it's risen by 150m in the last decade), he stated quite clearly that they are already looking at alternatives to skiing. Their highest peaks are about 2800, with many much lower than that. Fortunately for the Southerly nature of Serre Che, the region already has quite a healthy summer tourist business.

It does make you stop and think carefully about where to consider buying, though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Fancy buying a hotel Mark?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy