Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Jump 2015

Poster: A snowHead
As you are probably aware The Jump has had a second series commissioned

Today at Mount Hemel, I think I spotted one of the contestants in training.

It's not often you see a man in a bright pink ski jacket, it gets your attention.
Then it all made sense, Louie Spence was the skier in question.
He was having an intense one 2 one lesson, over 3 hours when we left and still going

When I first spotted him he was doing slow snowplough turns from the top.
He made good improvement in the 3 hours but still very much in the back seat Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I loved that show last year. There should be more bad skiing on TV. Makes me feel less unusual.

snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Given the number of injuries last time, I am surprised they are doing another one, but it was good fun to watch.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I enjoyed it far more than I was expecting to, and I think they had proper guts to go off those jumps, even the small one.

Joe ended up being really, really good (I thought) and a worthy winner. He had balls of steel to do the big jump.

I'd definitely watch it again - although, as said, I'm surprised they've recommissioned it as so many of them were injured.

Hope they've binned Davina though, she's so bloody annoying. Just let Graham Bell present it, he's hot.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

I enjoyed it far more than I was expecting to

Me to - but also amazed they can do it given the carnage which resulted last time!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Chris Bish wrote:
I loved that show last year. There should be more bad skiing on TV. Makes me feel less unusual. snowHead
Laughing
Wouldn't say I loved it but enjoyed it and I'd watch again. But agree with HoneyBunny - bin Davina! Had to FF her. (Wouldn't go so far as to say Graham Bell is hot, though Shocked, just a lot better .)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh feck. I'm going to kuhtai on 10th jan, which from memory was about the same time it was on last year Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some TV watching to look forward to! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maggi wrote:
But agree with HoneyBunny - bin Davina! Had to FF her.

Sorry maggi, pass me the thicky baton, but wtf does FF stand for? Laughing I looked on Urban Dictionary, but I'm sure you didn't mean any of the meanings they gave there! Shocked

Edit: Unless you mean Fast Forward? Doh! Thicky Baton gratefully received! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Alastair Pink, yes, Fast Forward, of course! (Haven't looked at Urban Dictionary for ages. Everyone on there has filthy minds Laughing .)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris wrote:

Me to - but also amazed they can do it given the carnage which resulted last time!

Yeah, talk about a health and safety/insurance nightmare!

maggi wrote:
(Wouldn't go so far as to say Graham Bell is hot, though Shocked, just a lot better .)

He has lovely blue eyes Embarassed

boabski wrote:
Oh feck. I'm going to kuhtai on 10th jan, which from memory was about the same time it was on last year Evil or Very Mad

Aw my heart bleeds!

Alastair Pink wrote:
Unless you mean Fast Forward? Doh! Thicky Baton gratefully received! Toofy Grin

LOL!!

Yeah I had to FF her too, massively irritating.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Neville, he wasn't being trained by a coach resembling a "Gonk" was he??
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mosha Marc wrote:

Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc wrote:
That's no way to talk about Rob@rar
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As reality TV shows go I quite enjoyed it last year, and despite the usual grumblers complaining about the likes of this and Ski Sunday, any winter sports on mainstream TV has to be a good thing.
latest report
Steve-O!

It is now worth watching - http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/30408557
snow report
Does anyone know the dates yet?
ski holidays
Only way to watch is to record it for later and fast forward through the bits with Davina McCall on it. She is unwatchable, I'm afraid.
snow report
Quote:
Following the success of the first series earlier this year the most dangerous show on TV, The Jump, will return to Channel 4 in early 2015. The series will again air live from Innsbruck, Austria and another eclectic group of famous faces will take on the thrills and spills of adrenaline filled winter sports, including a terrifying live ski jump to secure their place in the competition.
snow report
Slope closed this week while Stacey Solomon and one other while in training.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 11-12-14 13:13; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
This is on my list of "guilty pleasures" Blush
snow report
Is it terribly clever for a professional dancer or athletes to enter? Must be paying better than the day job....
snow report
I can't believe Tuffers is going to jump anything. I'll be amazed if they even get him outside on snow.
ski holidays
It's Steve o (jackass fames) that's got me piqued. The guy isn't straight in the head at the best of times.

And surely heather Mills has a bit of an advantage (for the skiing elements at least)
snow conditions
When does it start? Will have to set the recorder Very Happy
snow conditions
That show is made for Steve-O. Though I suspect he'll want to do everything naked for extra danger.
snow report
fullenglish wrote:
That show is made for Steve-O. Though I suspect he'll want to do everything naked for extra danger.

Indeed

Davina - so steve-o do you want to do the small medium or large jump?
Steve-o - f_ck me ain't you Brits got anything bigger than that?

I'd also guess they're going to have to run a few seconds delay to allow for the swear filter.
ski holidays
Louise Hazell as well as making transition to punditry very well must be a sound bet on athleticism.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
At least we've got something to look forward to this winter when we can't be on the slopes.
snow report
Saw some filming in hemel this morning with warren smith.
snow conditions
Oh my God, celebrity 'reality' skiing, please shoot me now. rolling eyes
snow report
First victim already claimed:

Ola Jordan, one of the pro dancers on Strictly was seriously hurt while training at Hemel.

I don't really understand why a pro dancer, still at the height of her career would agree to do this programme given last year's casualty rate?
ski holidays
rungsp wrote:
First victim already claimed:

Ola Jordan, one of the pro dancers on Strictly was seriously hurt while training at Hemel.

I don't really understand why a pro dancer, still at the height of her career would agree to do this programme given last year's casualty rate?

Maybe it was at the end of her career ? Were the BBC going to have her back for next strictly ? Still a shame any of them getting hurt - looks like she will not even start the main filmed bit.
latest report
I'm glad they've re commissioned it. It makes a change to see them doing something that's actually dangerous. In an odd way that's probably the exact reason it has been re commissioned.
I'm a celeb may look dagerous on first view but you know damn well they would never put them in a situation where they would/could actually get hurt, that's why the jump was so different.
snow conditions
Quote:

Maybe it was at the end of her career ? Were the BBC going to have her back for next strictly ?

Her career isn't only defined by strictly rolling eyes . However, no point watching to now Toofy Grin
snow conditions
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

Maybe it was at the end of her career ? Were the BBC going to have her back for next strictly ?

Her career isn't only defined by strictly rolling eyes . However, no point watching to now Toofy Grin

No but I bet she has earn't an order of magnitude more after being on Strictly than before. So maybe the biggest pay days are coming to an end though they do seem to be able to milk it for some time after. And it is a shame she did seem one of the most personable and happy dancers.
ski holidays
Definitely the knee she's injured. The Daily Mail has pictures of her in a big knee brace.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2873951/Strictly-s-Ola-Jordan-hobbles-home-injuring-leg-filming-Jump.html

It's a shame as I was quite looking forward to seeing her on The Jump.
snow conditions
@Alastair Pink, had hilarious image of Maggi FF'ing Davina Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Crocked knee and wearing slippers/Uggs?
ski holidays
halfhand wrote:
Quote:

Not with a lemsip anyway.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy