Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ryanair - passenger name change and ski cost?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Question for those who have experience travelling with Ryanair and skis...

Booked for eight of us Stansted - Grenoble in March. One's dropped out, but replacement has been found who has their own skis...he'll be the only one in the group with skis.

Can't ring Ryanair at the moment (shut!) but can anyone advise costs of ski carriage and the name change?

Thanks,
Ed Ludlow
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
might be better to book another flight pal this happened to us the other year, we only paid £32 pounds each flight and they wanted £53 to change names
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
eludlow, Re. ski carriage:

Quote:
However these items may be carried in the hold of the aircraft in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance upon payment of an additional charge of £25.00/€30.00 per item, per one way flight via www.ryanair.com or £30/€40 per item, per one way flight at the airport.

i.e. £50 return if booked online, £60 if at airport.

snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eludlow, I've had this problem with Ryanair, its cheaper to book another flight and just leave the other one as a no-show. £70 it was to change the names if I recall correctly (December 07).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ditto, I have just been trying to sort this out myself and the administration charge i think is £30 and then the difference between the flight cost from the original day of purchase and the current rate. Another option which i have been looking at instead of wasting the flight completely is to change the destination instead. Think the admin change is £20 per flight for that but i may stand corrected, All you have to do then is to find some flights with ryanair anytime in the future that are the same cost as the ones you originally bought.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Sage wrote:
eludlow, Re. ski carriage:

Quote:
However these items may be carried in the hold of the aircraft in addition to your personal checked baggage allowance upon payment of an additional charge of £25.00/€30.00 per item, per one way flight via www.ryanair.com or £30/€40 per item, per one way flight at the airport.

i.e. £50 return if booked online, £60 if at airport.

snowHead

Shocked Shocked Shocked

That's just gone up over 50%!!!
In Januray I paid £31 return to get my board carried/checked in!!

Unbelievable!! Shocked
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kruisler wrote,
Quote:

That's just gone up over 50%!!!
In Januray I paid £31 return to get my board carried/checked in!!

Unbelievable!!

They didn't publicise that very well - while everyone is getting hot and bothered over their schoolgirl advert they are sneaking up the prices of the added extras. Mad

snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy