Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe D'Huez- Transfer to - Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
I am going to ADH in a couple of weeks, does anyone have 1st hand knowledge of the day trip to L2A.

1 What time bus departs

2 How long will I be on it for (wasting ski time)

3 How long do you get in L2A

4 Is it worth bothering !!

Thanks in anticipation
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I am going in a couple of weeks too....anyone else going to be there?

We're picking a car up at the airport, can't help you Kel, as it's full. There is 4 of us.

How long will the drive be?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Northantsred

You've got it wrong I don't want a lift to ADH, I want to know about the day trip to L2A from ADH.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just ask at the tourist office and get the public bus. did it the other way around a few years ago and it worked fine - had a wait at the way back in Bourg D'Oison. Like I say the tourist office will have a regular service time table. Otherwise you get ripped off by tour operators offering a day out for 10x the price!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It takes just under an hour to drive between L2A and Alpe d'Huez.

Kel - have you considered the heli trip between the 2 resorts - not exactly 'heli-skiing' but you get pretty much the full day and its quicker!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Coming from L2A VDF offer a trip twice a week - local TO should have times.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heli trip, now your talking whats the cost, sounds pricey, but it can't be far !
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just had a thought though. Surely with the Heli skiing laws in France. The Heli would not be allowed to land in resort would it !!.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From L2A to AdH a bus goes about 8 (ish) in the morning and gets back about 5, maybe 90 minutes travel each way. A week ski pass gives you a day at either resort. Worth it just to have a look at a different resort. Book a few days in advance
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kel, the helicopter leaves Alpe d'Huez at about 9:00 and leaves L2A at about 3:30 and costs €63 for the round trip.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Helicopter ride is 60€ return, leaves from the altiport in ADH, lands at Cretes in 2Alpes about 10 mins later.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
63 euro for the heli or 3 hours valuable skiing time on the bus. That must be the biggest no brainer of 2008 so far.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard, beat you to it!!!! Actually I spoke to them today, so know that my price is correct.

Kel, They only fly at the end of the week - weds, thurs and friday (I forget whether that included saturday) Confused .
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ray Zorro, we probably get a discount or something.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ray Zorro

Does this need to be booked now or in resort at beginning of Hol's. If so do you have contact, cant find on ADH website and have tried googling. Doubt they will do Saturday, this will surely kept free for resort transfers from airport, but Weds, Thurs or Fri will be OK.

Where is the Altiport in relation to the resort. we are stopping in ADH near the Marmottes gondola
ski holidays
Its OK I have found it on the Piste Map.

Thanks all for all the info.
snow conditions
France has banned heli for drops on the mountains but not resort to resort (flying high). For example you can ski from the back of Fornet (Val d'Isere) to Bonneval sur Arc (at the top of the Haute Maurienne valley) and go back by heli after skiing the afternoon there.
snow conditions
Kel, I did the heli transfer. Think it was £28 equivalent (few years ago). Great fun and I thought pretty good value. We were delayed on way back though as large number of accidents for them to deal with.
ski holidays
Kel, the transfer on the bus is designed to sort off coordinate with lift opening times so you do not miss out on piste time. Heli maybe subject to weather
snow report
guys talking of lift passs are there 2 different versions of the ADH lift passes trying snowboarding so will perhaps not need L2A this year. And does anyone know of a good online purchase site as the main site seems to keep transfering back to french and my tranlsation is not the best.
latest report
I booked the heli to go and ski with Easiski, but it was cancelled due to bad weather Sad
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy