Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bareges/La Mongie

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Has anyone been to either or both of these resorts and can give some advice eg re access to lifts runs etc? Little Angel
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
elaine63, Welcome to Snowheads. A search of the site comes up with a number of results put Bareges or Mongie into here. There are also a couple of infrequent posters who live there in gabure we trust being one (the other is his partner mountainbug). Might be worth sending him a PM (send/receive messages under the snowheads symbol). They run a chalet there and also do guiding, etc, their website is called I believe mountainbug.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
elaine63, I've been to Bareges, the village is quiet and very laid back it doesn't really feel like a ski town, accomodation is mostly shoebox apartments and some 2 star hotels which looked reasonably priced, if there is good snow there is skiing immediately above the town, if you go later in the season you take a ski bus or quick drive up the valley to access a six pack which takes you up to the top of the Col de Tourmalet where you can either ski over to the La Mongie area or back down and play around under that lift and another button lift. La Mongie is purpose built, similar architecture to Les Arcs and those kinds of places it has the advantage of being ski in ski out. I thought the lift infrastructure was amazing, plenty of modern fast lifts. The ski area is a good size, mostly intermediate cruising but I spent 3 days with a guide very late season and skied some great stuff including a gnarly couloir which hadn't been skied all season although it took an hour steep climb to get to it. If you love off piste take a guide and head up the pic du midi, for me it is one of the great lift accessed mountains anywhere in the World, you have the choice of anything from 1000m vertical of 35 degrees on one side to couloirs of 50+ degrees on the other which would give anything the Bec de Rosses in Verbier or La Grave has to offer. I would love to go back but would probably do it as part of a road trip with other resorts.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for your info-still can't decide though!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy