Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smoking ban in France extends to bars and restaurants from today

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The law forbidding smoking in public places in France has now been extended to bars, cafes, restaurants and hotels. However, the French health ministry has allowed smokers a 24-hour "grace" period for the New Year festivities in a gesture of "tolerance". Any smoker caught flouting the ban after that can be fined up to 450 euros, while those who turn a blind eye to smokers on their premises can be fined up to 750 euros....See: http://www.tignesnet.com/whats_new_article.php?id_whats_new=2952&id_back=1&PHPSESSID=892b7f6c5bf975b77184dee52b21a036
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Done wonders for british pubs. Sure to do the same for French.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It was noticable over Xmas. The weirdest thing; there being hardly any smokers in restaurants and bars - definately in the minority already.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some of the local bars here had already gone smoke-free.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If they spent a lot of time and energy on summer refurbishments it would have made sense to ensure that the paint didn't get nicotine stained.

Presumably that horrible stale fag smell will disappear from hotel rooms, too, in time?

Several of our local restaurants had signs up last winter, asking people not to smoke inside when other people were eating. The times they are a changing. French dog owners will be poop scooping next.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've really noticed it over here, the fact that, until now, they have still been allowed to smoke. Will be interesting to see how rigidly it in enforced over here, but I sure hope it is!

Had got quite used to returning from the ub without completely stinking of tobacco.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was looking forward to our holiday next week but this makes it even better. It is noticable now that we have the ban here what it like when you go to a smokey place. Excellent news
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonpim wrote:
Done wonders for british pubs. Sure to do the same for French.

Indeed it has but quite bizarrely the only people I've seen smoking inside British pubs recently have been owners and staff.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w wrote:
French dog owners will be poop scooping next.

I was shocked in Paris in October. It seems everyone takes their dog out to sh*t in the street first thing, it was genuinely everywhere. It was awful Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont wrote:
Some of the local bars here had already gone smoke-free.

yeah i found that. Majority had already implemented a smoking ban before new year.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy