Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Let me tell you a story.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I was in the Helly Hanson shop at Bicester Village (outlet for last years stock) last week. I was getting a new pair of ski pants for my forthcoming trip. In the shop there, was a plasma screen that had a Helly Hanson Extreme skiing / boarding DVD running. There was a little advertising, but mainly amazing sequences.

While I was choosing my kit, my 7 year old son was transfixed by this DVD. He is having his first lessons at the moment at Tamworth, in preparation for our first family skiing holiday in Feb 2009.

Later, when I was buying the ski pants (£50 instead of £150) he got a little upset because he was so enthused by this DVD that he did not want to leave the shop. He asked me if he could buy a copy with his pocket money, but the shop did not sell them, so I promised that we would take a look for something similar when next visited our local ski shop. The shop assistant was listening to the conversation, and engaging in a bit of banter about the merits of skiing vs snowboarding, and then dropped an old scratched shop copy of this DVD into the bag. It played fine, my son was overjoyed, and has not stopped watching it ever since!!

That act of generosity has generated a huge spark of interest in my son. I hope this will be the start of a life time interest.

If that shop assistant is on this list: Thank you very much !!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ringingmaster, good customer service goes a long way. I like the HH shop at Bicester, and the North Face one as well.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wish I'd got into skiing at a younger age.

Your son sounds like myself before i went skiing for the first time.

Im sure he'll love it.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
That's a great story.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Off topic, but ringingmaster - are you one? If so, which tower/guild? Both NewSkier and myself are similar nutters (although I'm now in a fallow period - no peals at all in 2007 Shocked ).

If you don't understand any of that...I guess the answer's no Wink .

Ah - I see now you've answered that elsewhere.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 2-01-08 20:42; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

If that shop assistant is on this list: Thank you very much !!!!
and if his boss is, I hope he gets a pat on the back rather than the sack!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ringingmaster, That sort of thing is a daily event in Bicester. Do you realise in Bicester world Thatcher in still PM and they still take the hunt down high street Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ringingmaster, bet he works for Ryanair in his spare time Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
ringingmaster, I have the Happy Happy HH promotional dvd (it also introduced me to Modest Mouse's music). It really is the best one I have seen. If yours is a different one I'd be happy happy to pop you a copy in the post.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Graham N,

Yes, I am a bell ringer. I ring at Monks Kirby in Warwickshire. I used to ring at Edgbaston and Harbourne in birmingham in the mid ninties when I was a student there.
The ringingmaster name comes from my bellringing software. see www.ringingmaster.co.uk.
I am also involved with the Young Bell Ringers Cycling Tour see www.ybrct.org.uk and http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=4176492171

Regards

Stephen J Lake
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Scarpa

It is the Happy Happy HH promotional dvd, and it is fantastic ( I have watched it several times also wink). The music is excellent, the whole family love it!!

Steve.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ringingmaster, Saw Modest Mouse this year with Johnny Marr from the Smiths guesting. And me too... I watch that film every year and just love the enthusiasm of the participants.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We were given a DVD when we went to MK for the Ski Test from Salomon - I hadn't got a skiing DVD before that one, but had admired the exploits portrayed on the one in Skee Tex when I was in there. My kids love watching it (mind you so do I Embarassed ) - its a montage of extreme skiing and boarding in a variety of situations. I've often put it on for them to act as encouragement of what they should be able to achieve if they want to because they've started so young and will also have the opportunity to spend residential time with my Swiss Friends when they are older if they get into it. They seem good things to have esp. in the summer to remind you of the snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy