Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Transfer bus Geneva airport to Val D'Isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am an independent traveller going to VdI via Geneva Airport. I know there is a good bus connection to the resort but it takes about 6 hours to get there as it stops often including stops in Tignes.

My plane lands around 11.30am on a Saturday at the charter terminal and I thought I might try to get on one of the tour ops' buses instead. Will they take paying fares (provided there is room)?

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowman, in a word.... no. They're not insured to do so. Should be straightforward to get onto a shared mini-bus transfer on a saturday - this came up on a quick google. budget about £75 for the return trip...

http://www.transfer-intelligence.com/index/info/shared/117
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Red 27, thanks for the link....looks good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
TOs are not supposed to, but if you find a younger tour-rep and bribe them with a handful of Euros, then many are willing to oblige with a free seat on the transfer bus.

Alternatively, go to Altibus.com and take a scheduled coach. It is about €95 return and a 4-hour oneway journey.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unless things have changed then i'd say you stand a good chance of getting on a TO transfer. We used to charge 50 euro for a transfer and did it all the time. Geneva not the best place for picking up a Val Disere bus, but there will be some. If it was Lyon then you'd have no issues. Just find the transport manager and ask them. Ski World, Inghams, Neilson and Crystal used to do this all the time. The bus you talk about that takes 6 hours is a nice scenic journey if not !!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I took the Altibus last season...the outbound leg is a real pain,the return is so much quicker as it does not go via Tignes.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
one more thing, probably should have mentioned that I would like to get off at La Daille.....would the TO bus make an unscheduled stop or do I need to go with them right up to their chalet?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
On a similar note - could anyone offer advice on getting a train from Lyon and Geneva to Val d'Isere (our group are flying into two different airports!). Any ideas on costs, length of the journey, etc. would be great! I have heard there is a thing called the ski train???
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
can you book transfers seperatly from TO's before you go?

I would imagine it would be difficult to get a flight which is easily connectable to the transfer though.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy