Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boots….Buy now or wait till the sales

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m a big lad 6’1” 19+ stone (on a good day) wink I bought my ski boots March 2006 and I’ve skied 60ish days in them since. My skiing has improved in that time and I’m now happy skiing reds and blacks and unpisted stuff (I think I'm about 7 or 8 on snow and rock’s scale)

I was planning getting new boots at the end of this season but I’m going to the EoSB at the end of April and fingers crossed there may be a week or 2 available in Scotland after that so that’s another 30 days.
My current boots are Tecnica Vento 6’s which have been quite comfy but I’m staring to get a blister on my right arch (more so if I do a lot of walking in them). I’m thinking I might want something stiffer in a mondo point smaller Skullie

My question is-
Buy now and suffer - mid season with new tight boots or wait till the summer when I can get them in the sales and break my new boots in with a few trips to Xscape
snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wouldn't wait until the end of the season to buy boots. Fit is so important I think it is much better to have a wide a range as possible to select from, rather than the odds and ends that haven't sold that season. Skis, on the other hand, should be bought in the summer at half price.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
II hmmm... you'll get 1/3 off at the end of the season though.... That's probably £100.... but then I guess if you've skied 60 days since March 2006 then money isn't too much on an issue snowHead

Oh hang on just seen your location - you've got access to the McAlps, so not the 12 weeks in Verbier I had presumed Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
II, off topic but do you want a girlfriend Wink Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen LS wrote:
II, off topic but do you want a girlfriend Wink Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

errgghhh .. A , don't give a damn about the boots , but i've never had an offer like this ... give up skiing Cool
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
red 27 wrote:
II Oh hang on just seen your location - you've got access to the McAlps, so not the 12 weeks in Verbier I had presumed Confused

3 trips to Europe each year plus the rest in Scotland

Helen LS wrote:

Maybe, If you do make it to Nevis this Friday I might see you there Toofy Grin but I was looking for advice on boots here rolling eyes
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
II, apologies it must be something in the lemsip !!

For boots I would go to where ever had the best selection with a boot fitter that I trusted or was recomended to me !!
If your current boots are ok wait till the end of season and buy in the sales if there is something suitable or wait till the new stock comes out or if buying new boots is going to improve your skiing and you can afford it get them now !!

hope that helps Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
II, gonna be in the market for a pair meself come the end of this season. Think I shall go and see the reprobates at the boot clinic in October
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy