Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Slow, slow Snowheads website

Poster: A snowHead
Help!
Am I the only person for whom this website became ultra slow a few days ago? I mean REALLY slow. I click on something or try to scroll down or whatever and it takes 10 or 15 seconds to respond!!! Only typing text seems to be the same speed.
Have I got a virus that only affects this website?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 20-12-07 22:37; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball,

No problem my end, have you tried all the usaul things - cleared cookies, temp internet files, ran virus scan etc try running spybot and adaware. Also find CCleaner is a great tool for sorting things out - all available from download.com
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No differences for me.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fine here too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
what browser are you using? this website seems to run slow on Safari but ok elsewhere...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snowball, Hmm, I am having something similar but I thoght it was related to my PC. I've posted a problem in apres. I only really visit snowHead and thought my problems were down to my PC
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I find the site fast but the visitors slow wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball, I've had similar problems, too - and on this web site only. Usually use FF2.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Similar here at times snowball, tried several different things (browsers, graphics switced off, reboot router) but it seems to come and go at will.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowball, same here.

This site used to be the fastest and I was spoiled. But the last few days it's definitely running slow...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Havan't noticed anything slow, on either Explorer or Firefox.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, snap - and that is in 3 different browsers on four different computers, (2 macs and 2 pcs). Some has seemed FFX specific, but page uploads have intermittenly been pretty slow despite an 8Mb connection and up to date AV/spybot on the PCs.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
mines fine, have you checked your chair in case its trapped the modem wire under a castor....erm happens all the time Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Its not that bleeding Father Christmas is it.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Fine on for me on IE windows PC and FF mac and Safari MAC. Not noticed any significant issues with speed.
ski holidays
Just came back to the computer. Thanks for all the answers. Yes, I'll try Firefox - I usually do internet on Safari but haven't had this problem before. No its not the modem - all the rest of the internet is OK, it is just Snowheads. I'll look into all you suggestions tomorrow. (Yes, jbob, probably Father Christmas: he can be a pain at times).
snow report
Me too using opera, father christmas tuned off..changing the setting to the lower ones in my profile helped but then you don't get them same info Sad
ski holidays
Have you tried using the forum settings to use the SubBlack skin, rather than the default SubSilver?

It disables some things (such as Father Christmas, and some templates), but is generally faster and more reliable.
snow report
I'm on Firefox right now and the responses are instant - as always before. No doubt someone more computer literate can explain but it is a mystery to me.
ski holidays
I'm also having speed issues on Safari on my Mac Mini - it slows to a grinding crawl.
ski holidays
Fine at work and at home - both on PC using IE7
ski holidays
So that's a few of us noticing it but only (or mostly) on Safari. Any ideas admin?

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Fri 21-12-07 21:44; edited 1 time in total
snow report
me too, safari, new macbook, no father christmas - opening more than one window makes the site unusably slow.... Crying or Very sad
snow report
I did have an issue the first time with safari, but not the last time I was on the site on the macbook. CPU load was 50%, indicating that one core was being maxed out, which I believe is something to do with the flash thing. I did have plenty of windows open for numerous sites when I had the performance issue, but everything in tabs since, but I can't see why that would cause the issue.
In firefox (windows+linux) I just adblocked it (in fact I adblock any flash unless it's an essential part of the site). But performance was not affected anyway.
snow report
I actually only get problems on my laptop, it runs the same browser as my desktop PC... strange. Wonder if its anything to do with the animation slowing up lesser power computers perhaps?
snow report
eddyr, dunno my computers pretty damn quick yet still has an effect on me. (safari)
ski holidays
I've been having problems with Safari across the board over the last 10 days or so -very slow to load some pages -not just snowheads - can't find anything on web which suggests what the problem may be. Tried to swap to Firefox, but couldn't get my bookmarks to work.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy