Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I think that my hangover might be the cause of my inability to find where the resort reports are - I am trying to find out as much as possible about La Tania.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers,

Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Its in France and linked to the three valleys - is that enough or do you want more ? Laughing
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers - even through my hangover I managed to find that out.

Where are the resort reports located?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
blondends, this is the closest resort (I think) where we have a daily blog !

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32864

Or you could check out the La Tania website.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
blondends, www.latania.co.uk is an unofficial site maintained by locals in La Tania
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Cool thanks - that website is FULL of info!!

When I am feeling a little better I will dig around on this site - I am really after unbiased reviews.

Thanks to those who have helped!

Chris
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
blondends What sort of info are you after? I'm sure there are loads of snowHead s who've been to La Tania so if there is anything specific you want to know, it might be worth posting a few specific questions.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well.... there is going to be a group of 4 going and one is a beginner (only had a lesson or two in the UK). What are the ski schools like? Which ones should we consider? Is it best to book with a ski school in 1850 or 1650 or just book with one based in La Tania?

Ski hire is the next thing that I was thinking about - there are a number of websites which allow you to book Ski and Boot hire in advance with a discount - what are the pro's and con's of doing this? Which hire place is the best in the resort?

Pubs - I have found loads of info on the bars and pubs in La Tania but I just wanted to confirm that the last bus down from 1850 is at 22:00hrs - if for instance we wanted to stay out later in 1850 what options are there for us to get back to La Tania (and at what cost)?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
blondends, someone will have all that info but you may need to bump the thread every so often.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
blondends,

I'll be following this thread as well, I'm off to La Tania in mid March and had similar questions. There are a couple of people in our group who will be needing lessons and the ski school they have identified is http://www.magic-latania.com/ It's in resort and gets good reviews.

I also briefly looked into equipment hire, although i don't need that anymore. However, on past experience I have always found Twinner to have the best equipment and best prices. You always seem to save quite a lot by booking in advance as opposed to booking in resort. The closest Twinner is in Meribel and i don't know what transport is like between the two places, but there are other rental places in La Tania itself. I'd recommend pre booking.

Can't comment on the last question is this is something i was wondering myself!

Haven't really answered any of your questions, but hope some of this is of use!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks guys for your posts.

I will look in to the Magic ski school - prices look quite reasonable!! Thanks.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:
The closest Twinner is in Meribel and i don't know what transport is like between the two places

I'm no 3 Valleys expert, but La Tania is in the Courchevel valley, so it would not be a good plan to hire skis in Meribel!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
A couple of years ago i booked my skis online with the ski hire shop that sits at the bridge and as you get out of the lift comming out of the large block of apartments.

Can't remember what its called but had no problems.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks again for those who have offered information.

I have another question.... I have skied at Courchevel 1850 before and from memory the Jardin Alpin lift didn't require a lift pass - am I correct?

Chris
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
pam w wrote:

I'm no 3 Valleys expert, but La Tania is in the Courchevel valley, so it would not be a good plan to hire skis in Meribel!

True, but i think there are free buses between La Tania and Meribel that run all day from fairly early to fairly late.

I'm sure there are plenty of nearer and possibly better ski hire places, but i am a bit biased towards twinner!
snow report
Hi we stayed at La Tania last Feb half term and loved it. We are all skiers and found access up to other areas very good.Hired skis from intersport in advance via internet. Lady there was very helpful and patient as my wife tried about four pairs. Everything is in a fairly small area and ski school would be right at your front door, so would seem a shame to get a bus and lug all the equipment up to Courcheval. Hope that helps some. Madeye-Smiley
latest report
OK, few bits & pieces here:

Hire: Probably easiest to hire in La Tania itself...sorry can't give any recommendations...never used them.

Buses: I would check bit I am pretty sure there are no buses from La Tania to Meribel (or at least they are very infrequent if they do run)
re Late buses from 1850 down the timetable has been expanded this year and it looks like there are buses to LT at 2240 and 2340... You can download a timetable for www.courchevel.com

Lessons: Magic have some good guys working for them and there's definite benefits to having ski school on your doorstep.
La Tania isn't necessarily the best place for a complete beginner so might be worth considering lessons in 1850 or 1650 for a bit more choice of suitable 'early' terrain...if they don't mind a bus trek...
snow report
Quote:

the ski hire shop that sits at the bridge and as you get out of the lift comming out of the large block of apartments

I am 90% confident that is the Twinner outlet. I used them and they were fine.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy