Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fernie cheap accomm - Raging Elk hostel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for some cheap accommodation for a week in Fernie. Has anyone got experience of the Raging Elk hostel? http://www.ragingelk.com
Any info regarding the quality of rooms, service, location , etc much appreciated.

If the hostel is rubbish can anyone recommend any other cheap accomm in Fernie? Preferably no more than $100 (canadian) per night to be shared between 3 people.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I stayed there for a week at the start of this year. we had four people in a room that could sleep 5 and it was pretty tight but you expect that from a hostel. They've got a nice big kitchen/living area, a huge room to watch movies or just chill, pool table couches and free wifi.
I'd go there again, good value for money. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Illicit, cheers for the info. I just received an email from the hostel quoting $100pppn for accomm+lift pass. (4 of us with a room to ourselves). Does that sound reasonable?

Myself and 3 mates are planning a 10 day hol there 23 Jan - 2 Feb and we're trying decide between booking a package with Inghams (£550pp, staying at Stanford Inn) or going independently (Flights with Zoom £365; car hire approx £75pp for 10 days including estimated fuel costs; accomm at the hostel approx £150 for 10 nights). Package might work out slightly cheaper and the standard of the accommodation would be better? However independant booking provides more convenient flight times and the flexibility to explore nearby resorts. (we are keen on hopping over the border to spend a few days at Big Mountain in Montana). Plus the hostel is located in the centre of town rather than a 20 minute walk away (i.e. Stanford Inn)

Any thoughts - package or independent?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yeah that quote sounds about right, from memory we paid $25 a night each for accom and $75 for the lift ticket per day.

We did it independent and hired a 4x4 as well. much more convinient as the slopes are a 15-20 drive from the town. The hostel is well situated in the town, easy walk to the supermaket and pubs.

Best thing about fernie is that its relatively quiet, the only time we waited for lifts was on a saturday! I spent 2 weeks at whistler as well and i'd rate fernie over it.

Go for it mate!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Have any Snowheads ever stayed at either of these places?

http://www.29feet.com

http://www.snowvalleylodge.com
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can give/get any info you need about fernie as I'm here!

I didn't stay at the raging elk, but I have been in there. As far as hostels go its very nice. The rooms have recently been done up and there is a great common area with large kitchen, pool table, internet, tv etc. The rooms all have bunk beds I think so its pretty basic, but you only need a bed right?! The cost is about $25 a night (less if you have a HI hostel card). 29feet I think I right next door, but don't know anything about them. The powder mountain lodge (the old samesun hostel) is also next door and is run by a great bunch of people but I probably wouldn't recommend staying there for a holiday. If you're feeling social then the hostel is the way to go as you'll meet a whole bunch of people.

If you want to be in town and close to the pubs/shops then don't stay at the stanford, its a 20-30 minute walk along a busy highway (not good if its wet and slushy!) and then a further 10 mins to the pub. Living in town is a reeet good laugh (be sure to check out burger beer bong bingo night at the Royal on tuesday nights Very Happy ).

You could try asking Inghams about staying up at the ski hill with Fernie Lodging Company. I work for them and they have some real nice places, but the cost is way more than a hostel. Not sure what the package deals are like. If you need anything like rental (don't go to RCR rental, come see me!), spa treatments, snowmobiling, snow shoeing, ski/board tuning then let me know...I can recommend some good stuff plus I get incentives Very Happy

Any more questions then give me a shout and I'll try and do my best to answer them.

Tim
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy