Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

3 days skiing next week (12th - 15th) - cheapest + snow sure + near an airport?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Due to one of the best starts to the ski season in Europe I am going to try my hardest to make it out on Wednesday night (12th) december to Saturday night (15th) for some early skiing.

Can anyone recommend the best resort which meets this list of criteria?

*Close to airport the is served by cheap airlines
*Cheap accomodation
*Easy transfers from airport
*Plenty of SNOW !!!

I was trying to get to Neusift in Austria (served by Innsbruck) to meet a mate out on an Army snowboarding event but I just can't seem to find flights - so I have decided 'sod it' I am going to find a way to go anyway. I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Chris
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Where you flying from?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You can fly to Munich with AirBerlin one way on the Wednesday at 97 euros all in. Back with Ryanair from Salzburg for...... 10.00 EUR all in!!! Probably get back to Salzburg on the train. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
blondends, you could get the train from Salzburg to Innsbruck. Failing that - come to Ski Amade, 45 mins from Salzburg - loads of snow, loads open, transfers €40 return, b&b at my place €28.50pn. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cheers guys - I will look in to each of your suggestions today.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
blondends, don't forget another very important criterion:

*lifts open!

Many resorts, no matter how much snow they have, will not have lifts open on 12 December.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, a good point. Many are not opening until Sat 15th.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
blondends, Avoriaz is open and the snow is good. Probably easier to find accommodation in Morzine though.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh, you could also try the Atomic Boot Camp chappies.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
flangesax, Hi,

Do you have an email address i could contact you with in a few weeks time? I'm considering a weekend break somewhere near salzburg towards the end of january and might take you up on your offer of B&B @ €28.50 (only problem is that i'm not sure of the dates we can do as it depends on my wife getting time off from her new job ... women!! Very Happy )

Thanks!!

Dan.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
blondends, It totally depends on which airport you cn fly to, and you don't have a location in your sig. If you can fly to either Grenoble or Chambery then here would be good. Not worth the transfer from GVA for 3 days IMO though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks again everyone,

I live in Cheltenham - so I am happy to use any of the London airports and Midland airports.

It's a shame that I can not fly direct in to Innsbruck - I have looked at every possibility and just can't seem to make it work.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
blondends, Innsbruck is probably only about 1.5 hours from Salzburg - an easy drive and motorway all the way. Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
blondends, the Grands Montets will have lifts running from now on. We'll do B&B if you like...try Air France from London City...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
blondends, Bristol?
snow report
Dannyboy58 wrote:
flangesax, Hi,

Do you have an email address i could contact you with in a few weeks time? I'm considering a weekend break somewhere near salzburg towards the end of january and might take you up on your offer of B&B @ €28.50 (only problem is that i'm not sure of the dates we can do as it depends on my wife getting time off from her new job ... women!! Very Happy )

Thanks!!

Dan.

that's a good idea ... flangesax, do you have room for 3 people for New Year ?? .. 4 nights 29/12 - 02/01 .. and where are you exactly ??
latest report
easiski, s/he wants to travel out on Wednesday, and back on Saturday.

Easyjet Bristol-Innsbruck only fly three times/week - Monday, Friday and Sunday. Sad

I don't think there are any other scheduled flights, and charters will only be Saturdays or Sundays.
latest report
Dannyboy58, RichA, sorry for the delay - been in the UK visiting the parents and they dont have PC/internet/very much modern technology! New Year we are full - but we still have space for xmas week, January - we have space too. And email is attached to our web address but I will pm you both anyway. Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy