Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre/Claviere - Food, Boots and Cash Points

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I am going to Montgenevre this Sunday, and am looking for where the best places are to eat (not the most expensive, the best value one Razz ). I have found out a fair amount of info about Montgenevre restaurants, but cant really find where to go in Claviere.

Also does anyone know if there are any good boot fitters in Mongenevre, that would be able to get me some decent footbeds.

Finally does anyone know where there are any cash points in Montgenevre, that will accept my lowly nationwide cash card (cirrus).

Thank you guys snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
chelttown, on the mountain the Claviere restaurants offer a little in more in terms of quality than Montgenevre. My personal recommendation is the pizza at the hotel in Sangalonga, which is a cluster of buildings a quarter of the way up the mountain, offers a large terrace at the bottom of a piste. There are others and you can dine quite lavishly but you will pay for what you get.

Great selection of beers in Le Graal and excellent Tartiflette etc, also Wifi for you to keep everyone abreast of conditions and prices.

Don't know about bootfitters per se but there are a number of well equipped ski shops along the 'front' at Montgenevre.

There is a cash point near the coach station at the Italian end of the town, not sure about Cirrus compatibility though.

Leave some snow for me!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ian,

Thanks for the tips.

I will make sure there is a little bit of snow left Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chelttown, Best place in Claviere is Kilt restaurant - best pizza I've ever tasted. Stayed in Claviere a few years back and would not return - Montgenevre was miles ahead in terms of infrastructure etc
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Boabski,

I will try the Kilt Happy I have been to Montgenevre a couple of years ago, and really enjoyed it, but cant really remember anything other than that, lol.

Does anyone know if there are any free lifts at the bottom of Montgenevre, will be arriving early on the Sunday and really dont want to shell out on a pass for a couple of hours?

Cheers
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just come back from a great holiday in Montgenevre.I thought things were pricey (e4.50 for a bowl of frites on the mountain - now equivalent to £4.50 of course and average of 4euros a pint.) had to resort to making own lunches in order to get through the week.! We liked Cadesol for atmosphere and drinks by a log fire. There is however, a very reasonable place that does good Pizzas, tartiflette and amazing salads called le cesar at the bottom end of town. Nice staff and service there as well.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy