Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Another one of those ski weekend topics......please help!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I do apologise as I'm sure you have answered all these questions before on the site somewhere but I cannot seem to find the exact info!

I am looking to book a ski weekend at the beginning on March for 5 girls. We have all done a few weeks skiing (some less than others) but are by no means expert skiers! We really do not mind what resort we go to as long as it has the following:

Short flight and short transfer.
Lively resort & apres ski.
Varied range of slopes that will not be too challenging.
Close to slopes to maximise the skiing time we have.
Oh and finally - not too expensive!

We quite fancied Chamonix but have been advised that it might be too challenging, Flaine was another option but it seemed a little quiet for us....I have spent a week looking at websites and am still no further!!

I sound so fussy but am not really! Any ideas would be appreciated greatly.

(PS: Accomodation ideas would also be extremely useful too!)

Thanks!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Morzine via Geneva (short transfer and lots of flights). Ticks all your boxes I think, but make sure the accommodation is an easy walk to the slopes (some are not).
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zell am zee
saalbach
both very lively great skiing and inexpensive, 2 hour flight, 1 to 1 1/2 hr transfer with saalbach having more skiiable terrain. transfers by coach or train
you wont be dissapointed in austria
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks ever so much for your help, I will start my searching tomorrow on the resorts! Its always good to have a recommendation instead of trying to read websites.

Thanks again
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Lisa.8, are you planning on skiing on day of arrival and departure?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lisa.8, what airports are you near and where can they fly you fly to?

My personal favourite is Salzburg with cheap and well-timed Ryanair flights from Stansted which makes it an ideal airport for weekend trips. Loads of great resorts within an hour with minibus airport transfers at a reasonable price.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ray Zorro wrote:

My personal favourite is Salzburg with cheap and well-timed Ryanair flights from Stansted which makes it an ideal airport for weekend trips. Loads of great resorts within an hour with minibus airport transfers at a reasonable price.
Ray Zorro

Hi Ray,

Can you let me know which resorts you recommend that are close to salzburg? I've done Ryanair Stansted - Salzburg before for a weekend so i know how easy and cheap it is and I'm looking for a cost effective weekend of skiing in the new year (the 'proper' ski holiday in March is too long to wait for!!!).

The group of friends that i ski with are all competent so reds & blacks are required if possible!

Thanks for your help!!!

Dan.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saalbach, from Salzburg, is a good suggestion.

Lech, from Zurich, is another one.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Dannyboy58 wrote:
Ray Zorro wrote:

Ray Zorro

Hi Ray,

Can you let me know which resorts you recommend that are close to salzburg? I've done Ryanair Stansted - Salzburg before for a weekend so i know how easy and cheap it is and I'm looking for a cost effective weekend of skiing in the new year (the 'proper' ski holiday in March is too long to wait for!!!).

The group of friends that i ski with are all competent so reds & blacks are required if possible!

Thanks for your help!!!

Dan.

Go to j2ski.com.

Click on the 'Airports' section.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dannyboy58, as Whitegold says http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Salzburg.html gives all the resorts near Salzburg. I have only been to Schladming and Obertauern of the closest ones - both of which would suit your group.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lisa.8, another vote for Saalbach from me. We went in January this year and there is plenty of skiing for all abilities, plenty of nightlife (Austrian nightlife is something special too), prices are reasonable both on the slopes and in the town. Hinterglemm also looked nice, although we only visited in the day time it looked to have some decent bars and the two are easy to transfer between either by bus in the day and by taxi at night.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Another vote for Saalbach
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi guys, thanks for all suggestions, they're so helpful. The skiing would all depend on flight times but ideally I would like a later flight both ways to minimise the days taken as holiday from work (I don't have many!!), this would allow us to ski on departure day but not arrival day.

The nearest airports are Manchester, East Midlands or Liverpool so it tends to be Easyjet and BMI that give us the most options, not so much Ryaniar. I know these all operate Geneva flights pretty much everyday but not sure what else. I will have a good look for salzburg though but unfortunately the flights from London are a little too far for a weekend.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lisa.8, Thomsonfly operate Manchester-Salzburg 3 times a week I think. Also I think easyJet have started Liverpool-Salzburg but only once a week as far as I know.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy