Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

me confused

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
looking at the snow forecasts on certain ski websites, it has got me a bit confused,and my hopes let down Sad ! with a resort in particular, zermatt where we will be going over new year, had been forecasted with some good snow.

being a higher resort and maybe avoiding the rain which was also maybe an an isssue. on thursday the zermatt was expecting 40cm from this paritcular ski site.

when i checked back, its snow depth for zermatt it reported almost 1m from 30cm the day before.
i was getting excited and jumping with joy as more was to come since this part of the alps missed out on the mega one a week or so ago!!. today i came in knackered from work all excited to see the new snow depth for zermett and to my dismay it read 30cm back to the original depth it has been the last month or so.

now can anyone tell me whats going on has snow fallen? i think it has as web cam look like new snow is around! but how much i dont know and cant get any info so far Puzzled can anyone enlighten me!! please please i would like to hear good news Laughing
snow conditions
 brian
brian
goofyfutz, remember snow depths can go down as well as up. wink Snow compacting, melting, being blown around, etc. etc.

The automatic weather station at Hermetje above Zermatt (2380m) is registering 24cm new snow out of a total depth of 55cm this morning.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
goofyfutz, also, don't forget that although it's always exciting to see such a lot of snow in November, what is happening now is not much of a guide as to what will be happening at New Year. Even if a lot of the snow that has fallen disappears in the next week or so that doesn't mean there won't be great snow at New Year. And even if a lot more falls next week, it doesn't mean it won't have disappeared by New Year. But at any rate the present situation is more cheering than this time last year!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
goofyfutz, You are going to Zermatt, therefore you will have a good holiday, just look at any snow depth as a bonus Toofy Grin 'cos there ain't nothing you or I or anybody else can do about it Laughing
and as Pam says it's looking a whole lot better than this time last year snowHead
latest report
 brian
brian
pam w, boredsurfin, while I agree with the general thrust of your points, Zermatt was one of the few places which actually did have a reasonable early season last year. Although I think the snow didn't really arrive until the first week in December.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cool, thanks for that guys now i know not to check outout that certain site for info anymore!
cant really compare this year to last year as i didnt even think i be heading to the the european alps for this year or any. i believe last year was a shocker.
all i was was hoping for a a great experience (plent of cover) that will make me return from the southern hemi. dont get to return to much to ireland from australia, but now im thinking its worth an extra effort via the snowy peaks in europe rater than NA or japan. i say six hail marys and four our fathers for more big dumps Cool not religious my mum was Razz
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, Yeah, Zermatt had some good snow last year, the first real dump was around the 9th of December and by the 29th when I arrived there had been no more but all runs were still extremely skiiable. We then had a good dump on the 30th to top it up for me Very Happy

Looking at the webcams it appears Zermatt has some more on the slopes last night. The village snow from last week seems to have more or less gone though, which was the case a lot of the time when I went, it didn't seem to last too long when a great dump fell...
Great village tho and fantastic skiing so goofyfutz, you'll be fine. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Round here it is currently scorchio and the skiable base of last week has completely gone below 2000m except in ski resorts that thought to bash the snow a bit. That's the "snow eater" for you.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

except in ski resorts that thought to bash the snow a bit

after an episode of foehn a couple of years ago it was amazing to see the off piste tracks, and footprints, which had been sunk into the snow, left standing above the surrounding snow, which had been so severely eroded by the wind. Ski tracks looked like railway lines, and deep footprints stood up several inches above the surface. Looked bizarre, and an indication of what the wind can do.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy