Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Chevalier 2006-2007

Poster: A snowHead
http://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/hiver/plus/webcam.html

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 4-03-07 18:11; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't see anything, some joker has stuck cotton wool over all the cameras Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 brian
brian
Helen Beaumont, cool. What height is that at ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, it's at the top of the Casse du Beouf chair at (I think) around 2300m.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont,
Quote:

brian, it's at the top of the Casse du Beouf chair at (I think) around 2300m.

Just about spot on 2250 according to my map snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Is it melting now? Sad

Can suddenly see things thru the webcam...
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nope, covered up again now. Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
You can see a lot more on the webcams today.
Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
8 hours of snow during the night above 1800 but rain on the valley floor. There must be decent cover on all the runs above mid station. I'm of sledging on the Col de Lautaret (2000 metre) so a snow report will follow later. It looks promising for the opening next saturday. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris, good news Chris. I'll look forward to the piccies.
snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The latese Metcheck email has upped the potential snowfall again, I know it can change quickly, but serious quantities forecast, and down to 1200m by the weekend.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
chris, urm we no longer open next week! its been delayed till the 15th! Might see you up there btw off to do some tobogoning ourselves!

btw its still far to warm and if you look at meteo france there is not much hope of that changing Confused
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
hey was great fun up the lauteret. not as much snow as i'd thought or hoped. The boy did some snowboarding and i did my first face plant of the season.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowangel. - nice technique Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.serre-chevalier.com/en/hiver/hiver.html

Definitely looks like snow. snowHead
latest report
Helen Beaumont, God, they could do with a decent translator getting their hands on the site, couldn't they? Laughing
latest report
eng_ch, most definitely.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its not snow its bloody pissing it down with rain, even on the lauteret.
I am incredibably pissed off

Helen if you have any clients before christmas you may find the resort isn't open, infact that is almost definate!
snow conditions
its not snow its bloody pissing it down with rain, even on the lauteret.
I am incredibably pissed off

Helen if you have any clients before christmas you may find the resort isn't open, infact that is almost definate!
ski holidays
webcam is snowed up so definately dropping something flakey upstairs.... snowHead
snow conditions
snowangel., It's just turned to snow here, and the rain/snow level is set to keep on dropping for a day or two - don't panic!
ski holidays
easiski, Well at the mo i cant see the mountain, and that has changed littereally over the last 10 mins since i got in. But it has been raining massivly all night and all day so far. I think there is some white stuff on the very very tops coming down but its certainly no lower than what it was. Meteo france predict it to drop to 1700m and then tomorrow be sunny again!

and honestly its just too warm, its like a miserable august day! well i know this august was more like oct, but its just doesn't feel like winter.

I'm sure it will come, just not sure when!
ski holidays
Looked like snow on the webcam to me, white flakey stuff. Snowangel, we're all skiers, we all take our chance with the weather, my pre-christmas guests are a young family coming for a winter holiday,skiing is only a secondary part of that, and some regular visitors .

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Wed 6-12-06 14:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Helen Beaumont, just warning you, we found that out for certain yesterday. Something pretty amazing has to happen now for us to open on the 16th Sad
ski holidays
update,
cloud has cleared and i can see the mountain again. Half of the Luc is grey/white, so that makes it down to 1700m, but its still pissing down with rain. Its so hard it sounds amazing but it should be all quiet in my house as it should be snow rolling eyes

i love the fact that i dont have to move from my front room sofa to tell you how low the snow level is on the pists! Cool
snow report
snowangel., get yer lazy a@se off that sofa, get on yer quad bike, get up the mountain and give us a report. Its your turn. I walked up there last time! wink
snow report
chris, Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
chris, funnily enough i did get off my butt and i went up the lauteret, sessioned a picnic table with my boy.

there was 4 to 5 inches of fresh up there, but when you get to 1900m its litterally a covering, makes it all look grey.

However it was the first time on a board since the summer and it felt mighty good, esp as i was actually sliding the picnic table, i normally loeave it to the boy, but today i seemed to grow some balls! wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

said boy on the said picnic table

and

the lauteret

sorry if quality isn't brill but it was chucking it down and i was using my phone
snow conditions
early morning update.

the snowline has dropped to about 1600m, but its only a propper covering from about 1800m the rest is just a light covering.

Fingers crossed it doesn't warm up to much today. Friday we are forecast rain again in the valley, lets hope they're wrong or it at least is cold enough for the cannons.

we might be getting somewhere at last!\

tops look amazing, i wonder if i start hiking now if i'll get first tracks down the cucamel as it looks so so so lovely! Very Happy
ski holidays

veiw from my balcony this morning, dont look too bad do it!
latest report
well what's it like today - i'm due in xmas eve. am i going to be skiing or getting blootered
snow report
snowangel. wrote:

sorry if quality isn't brill but it was chucking it down and i was using my phone

I know women claim to be able to multitask but next time concentrate on the photos rather than nattering on your telephone!
snow report
dandtd, can't see the webcam pics for snow covering the lens. The cam is at about 2250m.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, which when you consider that the resort only goes to 2380 is pretty near the top!
dandtd, its pissing down with rain again, but we can see the snow line dropping and its fairl cold, if you know the luc alphond run, the snow is now encroaching on the houses about half way up before the Serre Ratier.
Meteo france this morning was telling us tomorrow snow to 700m lets prey it happens. Some friend went up the lauteret yesterday said there was about a foot of fresh.
I'm hoping this is the begining. lets all do the naked snow dance! however scary the thought might be Very Happy

cant go anywhere to see how thick it is today as my doggy is having an op and i have to be available.

will update as snow line falls

davidof, Ahhh so that is what i was doing wrong NehNeh wink Very Happy
snow conditions
ITS SNOWING IN THE VALLEY

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy : Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy : Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

big white flakes falling past my window, lets hope they just get bigger
snow conditions
snowangel., funny, but I could have sworn it was 2830 at the top of Yret. Top of Serre Che cable car is 2491m.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
snowangel., I'm going out on a limb here and guessing you're quite happy Laughing

Feel free to post any pics (hint, hint) wink
ski holidays
Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing snowHead Laughing feeling your joy snowangel!! can you send some flakes further north too Twisted Evil
snow report
brian, not much point, i just took one and you cant see the snow flakes in it but OMG they're massive now!

this is just typical due to my poor doggy having this op today.

well its started and i'm incredibably happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy