Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing near Montreal Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Hi can anyone tell me if there is any skiing near Montreal Canada. If so , how long would it take for me to get from the airport to the resort. Flying into Montreal. Many thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Gjspain, The Quebec resorts at Mont Ste Anne, Stoneham and le Massif are about 2.5 hours away IIRC. When are you going?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Tremblant is about 2hrs away as far as I remember. Went there in 2000/2001 in Dec/Jan and it was very cold.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi im thinking of going feb as i can get a direct flight from Malaga to Montreal with air transat.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Gjspain, Ok, should be ok snow-wise. if it had been earlier in the season it's risky.

I'm not going to comment on the skiing as I don't knwo what you are after, and you can look at the resorts websites

Tremblant is a purpose built "disney" type resort. (Intrawest) Loads of bars and restaurants, quite pricy for accommodation, but if you have a car you could stay in the village rather than the resort.

Mont Ste Anne has a couple of hotels but it, and Stoneham and le Massif are resorts that you tend to visit for the day. We stayed in Quebec City, which is great (but absolutely freezing!). If you don't have your own car you can get transport included in the lift ticket. you have to decide the day before what time you want to go and the car picks you up at your hotel. you also have to book the return in advance. this can be a pain, you can't really be spontaneous.

If the snow was good I would go to Tremblant for convenience and wider choice of skiing on the doorstep

this is a good resource: http://www.tremblant-insider.com especally the chat pages.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What about heading south to Vermont? That may even be closer than the Quebec City areas.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tremblant is the closest, less than hour away form city centre. (don't know where the airport is, I live close enough to always drove there).

Bromont in eastern township is another one the local often ski. About an hour or so. From the look of it, the terrain can be "interesting".

Quebec is more than 2 hours away. Quite a bit more.

Jay in Vermont might be closer than Quebec, don't know for sure. (you go by Bromont on the way)

I never gone there to ski. Always gone for mountain biking instead.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Mon 22-10-07 16:59; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When I was over a few years ago friends in Montreal told me Tremblant was definitely the place to go. It was less than 2 hours drive from Montreal airport IIRC and I stayed 20 minutes drive from the resort and got a really cheap deal on accomodation (as well as a beautiful drive up to the resort in the morning). Very cold there, it's renowned for it, but good snow making if you go early season and plenty of skiing for a few days though I don't know if I personally would choose it for a whole week.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
beedeji, good snow making as long as it is cold enough. It was +11c when I was there at New Year Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, I think the weather last Christmas/New Year was exceptional from what my brother says (he lives in Ottawa).

Tremblant is exceptionally well-supplied with snow cannon - in fact one of the things I disliked was the noise which seemed to go on day and night, and on some of the chairs you got a good blast of ice crystals.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nick L, Hubby has relatives in Ottowa who have been there for over 40 years, it was the first Christmas they hadn't had snow.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nick L, Helen Beaumont, that's the impression I got, but having paid an arm and a leg to go at New Year I wouldn't do it again unless I knew the conditions.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tremblant is OK, but a hill rather than a mountain. The description of it as Disney is perfect. However, pretty decent nightlife when I went, the Petit Caribou was good for a beer. The place shuts early though
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
flicksta, yes very like Disney - even to the extent that when you go on the lift over the village you can see that all the shop-fronts are "false".

Much to be recommended are the "beaver tails" (a sort of hot sugary pastry/doughnut thing in the shape of a beaver's tail)
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
flicksta, I would say the Quebec resorts are all hills really, thats what you get on the East coast I guess. We enjoyed the microbrewery pub, whose name escapes me. There are also a couple of clubs down that end which are open late.
snow conditions
Where is the place you can ski almost to the sea? That's in Quebec I think?
snow conditions
flicksta, Monte Ste Anne? You basically ski straight towards the St Lawrence river
snow conditions
Jay Peak, Vermont
snow conditions
hrstrat57, welcome to snowHead s. Is Jay Peak a resort suggestion for Gjspain, or the place where you ski to the sea?
snow conditions
Tremblant town centre showing pub and hill.

....and yep, it's cold.
snow report
Mosha Marc, wish it had looked like that at New Year Sad
snow report
Nick L, Did you ever try the maple syrup on a stick? Hot maple syrup poured onto a tray of snow and then you wrap it around a stick as it hardens. Very Happy
ski holidays
never mind
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
hrstrat57, welcome to snowHead s. Is Jay Peak a resort suggestion for Gjspain, or the place where you ski to the sea?

Jay is a great mountain, close to the Quebec border. In fact, at times you hear more french than english in the lift lines....OB skiing is avail, even actually encouraged as I recall. Great terrain and a cool vibe.

I ski mostly at Wachusett mtn in Massachusetts, about 1 1.5 hrs from my home in RI. My favorite NE ski hills are Sugarbush and Sugarloaf. Sadly, these days I don't get big mountain skiing as much as I would like. Family trips last couple of years have been to North Conway NH....Wildcat, Attitash, Cranmore or Bretton Woods.

I still get in my fair share of ski days tho....

In response the the original post query I was suggesting Jay Peak. Sugarbush actually would be in range too, as would be Smugglers and Burke...and Mad River Glen if he/she likes the gnar.

My wife has been to Treblant, I have not...she loved it. It can be a cold place tho...it is in Quebec after all. I hear great things about Mt St Anne....never been. I would have to check...Jay might actually be closer to Montreal.

Montreal of course is oui oui!!
latest report
flicksta wrote:
Where is the place you can ski almost to the sea? That's in Quebec I think?

That's Le Massif.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy