Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Many Volkl 07/08 Skis Reviewed!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

I just want to tell you that a friend of mine has reviewed few Volkl 07/08 skis in my blog. You might find these reviews helpful if you are interested in Volkl Katana, Mantra, Gotama and Tigershark 10 FT PowerSwitch skis. Janne, my friend is a pretty good, actually very skillful moguls, powder and new school skier. He is experienced and has been in skiing since the stone age. I myself can't say much about those skis. As an alpine skier I am more into Atomic and Rossignoll skis. Anyhow, I know that Janne is good at reviewing skis so I can warmly recommend his reviews for you.

Reviews:
http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/15/volkl-0708-ski-review-series-part-i-volkl-katana
http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/16/volkl-0708-ski-review-series-part-ii-volkl-mantra
http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/19/volkl-0708-ski-review-series-part-iii-volkl-tigershark-10-ft-power-switch
http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/20/volkl-0708-ski-review-series-part-iv-volkl-gotama

Oh, by the way, did you know that you can do heli-skiing in Finland? Heh.. yes, you read it right. Janne wrote also a short article on heli-skiing in Finland.
http://homeboyski.com/2007/10/27/heliskiing-in-finland-who-would-thought
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good reviews, thanks.

I liked the Mantra last year and would like to ski it again in this season's new dimensions.

I am also tempted to try the Gotoma...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm glad you liked! We are about to review more skis as soon as we get some snow here in Finland. We know few dealers personally so we might get some skis for review. Which skis you guys would like to get reviewed? Just name few and we will ask for those from the dealers.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
marko.pyhajarvi, I'd like to review some Stoeckli DP Pros in a 184cm please. You can deliver them to my Chamonix address. Thank you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David, I am sorry but I meant that we might get some skis for review for ourselves, and after which we post the review in our blog. I cannot send you any skis, sorry mate. I appologize my English skills, my mother tongue is Finnish. That's why I sometimes write text that can be undertood in different way that I think.

By the way, you live in Chamonix? Sounds good. I've been skiing in Chamonix since 1997. Last year my son asked me where should we go. It took me half a second to think about it and I answered "we go to Chamonix" Very Happy Well, he was happy with it and enjoyed Chamonix as much as I did, once again.

David, have you received any snow yet in Chamonix?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
marko.pyhajarvi, Marko, sorry I was just being cheeky. Your English is excellent BTW. No snow yet in Chamonix but I am pleased to hear you like it here. We have some very nice apartments if you're looking for holiday accommodation... wink ...discounts for SnowHeads...

I think the official opening date, snow permitting is December 8. Looking forward to it!

Welcome to Snowheads!

Love the Blog - you guys have a nice way of writing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Heh.. David, I got it but I just wanted to point it out so that people won't get me wrong. I better spend a bit more time writing these posts in order to avoid confusing text. Thanks David, I speak English pretty well, but sometimes I just write confusing text. Direct translations from Finnish to English don't always work Smile

I like Chamonix. I spent seasons (2-3 months) there between -97 and 2001 and I went skiing fabulous off-pistes with other Finnish dudes. It was just awesome. Now when skiing with kids it's more lift-skiing. Anyhow, Chamonix is a resort I keep on visiting year after year.

Hey, I just saw your website. Nice appartments! Location in downtown? Is it actually in Chamonix Sud? Yes, it looks good and I'll keep in mind. I could stay in your place with my kids if we are coming this year. Timing for us would probably somewhere in February - March. Don't know yet.

Oh, and I could promote your appartments in my network. They really look good.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy