Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski-Log

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone used a Ski-Log? I saw them today at the Ski Show and they look pretty good - are they worth it ?

http://www.skilog.co.uk
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If the product is as bad as their website, I'd avoid.

Don't you kinda know where you've been?... and you know you'll only be disappointed by the speed.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think Smokin Joe bought one after the MSB.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
how much?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
There used to be a gadget called a Skidometer which you stuck onto the end of your ski and a little wheel hit the snow and told you how many metres you had skied in a day, your fastest clocked up speed, etc. Totally inaccurate IMO but great to tell your group (yes I was a Ski Club rep!) It was short-lived as I don't think superglue had been invented. Nowadays I find my Suunto Vector very accurate on daily vertical, no of lifts etc but I usually know where I am at least before happy hour - joke!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I am seriously thinking of buying a Vector is it as good as I think it is
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
CarlT, buy a Suunto watch if you are into this stats malarky... at least you would also be able to tell the time with it when you get bored of plotting graphs Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I picked up a Ski-Log on Wednesday. As I explained to the guy at the time, it was partly academic research/interest that led to my purchase as my degree is in Navigation - so I can use it for skiing and other terrestrial activities, or at sea. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. Plus, it'll give me a good opportunity to set it up next the the ECDIS on the yacht in a couple of weeks, hooked up to the laptop making me look all James Bond like. Cool
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How much do they cost and what do they actualy DO.

Seems like it does what any gps would do for you.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
FenlandSkier wrote:
I think Smokin Joe bought one after the MSB.

I'm on my way out to the footie now but I'll post a picture later. Argenterre was also interested.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fragglerock wrote:
How much do they cost and what do they actualy DO.

Seems like it does what any gps would do for you.

I took a quick look at the show today, its a tiny GPS device that looks quite like a Motorola flip-phone. The difference is that this records a track of where you have been and your speed etc. which you can later replay on a PC or laptop and it looked like you can get a 3-D map image. I'd say its a fun but totally unnecessary gadget except for those who may have some real reason to know such info. The show price was about £79, surprisingly cheap. Shocked

For anyone who has a PDA with GPS facility (like my O2 XDA Orbit) you can download a program called GPS2GoogleEarth which does much the same thing for the sum of US$ 19. As the title suggests, you can record your track using your GPS enabled PDA then play it back later using the free Google Earth programme. I havent found out yet if you need an internet connection at the same time to get the relevant map area.

I'll play with it and let you know if its good or cr@p, but either way I expect its still a fun but totally unnecessary gadget. rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy