Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ANy skiiers in Nottingham?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there
I live in Beeston and would love to join a ski group for Xmas or New Year?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 27-09-04 21:07; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there, takingthepiste, Are you female or on the pull??
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
maggi,
Hey Maggi....no, just checking the ski options

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Mon 27-09-04 21:08; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ski options

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 27-09-04 21:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Definitely on the pull then.......

Sorry, already going beginning of December, Feb and March. Just can't fit you in rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wow, very organised of you to have 3 trips lined up.......too bad!! Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well, let me know if there is an last minute opening........is there another Nottingham meet coming up?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Which resorts are you going to?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
takingthepiste wrote,
Quote:

how old are you
If I told you I'd have to kill you. Too old for you (I'd guess!), married, 4 kids (this is where you make a sharp exit left, and stop talking to me rolling eyes ).

Anyway - Tignes in Dec, Serre Chavalier in Feb, somewhere cheap and last minute in March (just booked the week off work, not the hol). Nobody's suggested a Nottingham meet for a while but if anyone's interested I'm up for it. AFAIK, there's only Spyder and Deb from Nottingham who are snowHead s and I've met up with them. Other than that, I don't tend to meet skiers apart from on skiing hols which are organised by someone else and I just turn up Little Angel

So, how old are you, and who do you usually go skiing with?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
....bye Maggi.....just kidding!!

I'm a young 40+.......it varies, usually alone but more recently with male colleague of the same age who I happened to discover while chatting on a drunk night out was also a keen skiier but didn't have friends who skiied. We went to St Anton in January and we have been talking about a return trip this coming season, but our calendars are out of synch. I might still go with him at some point but I need more than one trip to get my fix!!! Very Happy

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 27-09-04 21:09; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
takingthepiste,

Hi there,

Deb & I live in Lambley, just out of town on the east side of the city (& not far from Maggi). We're also your age group - Deb is 40 & I'm 44, although Maggi will confirm that I look much younger Wink

With 35 other local repribates, we're are off to Courchevel on Mon 3rd Jan to Sun 9th. We're taking a chalet in C1550 (the Chalethotel Chanrossa in the Ski Olympic brochure) & we have one twin bedded room left if you're interested?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
takingthepiste, OK, 40 is good. 40 is the new 30. From your post
Quote:

just your average sexy Nottingham male!!!....he, he (well, maybe above average)!!!
I though you were about 14 rolling eyes

You've obviously made a big hit with Spyderjon. I've been out with him (& Deb) twice and he's never offered me his spare twin bedded room Crying or Very sad Oh, yes, he looks much younger than 44. He has his own hair and teeth and everything Laughing But probably not for much longer. I don't know Deb very well but she'd be an unusual women if she didn't rearrange his face for announcing to all and sundry that she is 40 Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
takingthepiste, you could always get in contact with ski-mistress Twisted Evil
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2386&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=40
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hey, Spyderjon, it sounds good. I might just be interested in that room and it is the right time of the year for me. I will have to ask my mate, Jon if he wants to go. I have not been to Courchevel....sounds like it could be fun. How much does it cost?

When are you folks out again? Do you ever come near the Nurseryman Pub on the A52 or the Toby Carvery at the Priory Island?

Cathy, Skimistress sounds a bit too scary for me!!!.........
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
takingthepiste, ski mistress does seem to have some very severe requirements Laughing
ski holidays
takingthepiste,

I'll PM you the details.
snow report
Thanks, I had a word with my mate and he's up for it. I don'tknow to PM on this.....

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 17-09-04 8:58; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Thanks for the message Jon, I managed to read your message and reply.
snow conditions
takingthepiste, I'd take your e-mail off...........or ask a moderator/admin to remove it. That is unless u want lots of spam mail??? Wink
snow report
takingthepiste,

Have you decided whether you're coming to Courchevel?
snow report
takingthepiste,
Just looked at this thread as I thought it was a new one I'd missed. But you've edited the title - you bad lad! And you've edited your first three posts. Which means my posts now don't make any sense at all Shocked
Just to let everybody else know - he was looking for female skiers, and one of his other posts was about how sexy he was rolling eyes .
(Don't ask me if it's true, girls - I've never met him Madeye-Smiley )
snow report
So, Maggi, you may not have got PMs from him, but you did get some attention here!
snow report
talking of Nottingham, just walked through the Medows area to grab a roll for lunch.......... Shocked Shocked don't think i'll be doing that again Skullie
snow report
Dan,

There's nothing wrong with the Meadows area - it's great for cheap illicit substances. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Dan, you walked through the meadows rolling eyes Just because the name sounds nice..... Skullie
latest report
Unfortunately working just round the corner (at a Biotech facility) and got suggested the sandwich place to grab some lunch.........wont be going there again. Everyone looking at you, well it felt like that, especially wearing a shirt and a tie. If i was in Goldie Looking Chain i may have felt in place!
ski holidays
Dan,

The only shirt & ties in the Meadows belong to CID.
snow report
My most "interesting" recollection of Meadoes was going to deliver a parcel to a house - only to find a police cordon. The owner had been shot dead hours earlier in some sort of drug war.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Elizabeth B, did you find out what was in your 'parcel'?? Laughing
latest report
Cathy Coins, a pair of jeans (i think Shocked )
snow conditions
Hi, I also live in Beeston and am looking for any skiiers. I've not got any trips away this winter planned yet but i'm hoping to sort something out soon.
snow report
davelees215, welcome to snowHeads. There's a group of us meeting at Castleford this Sat pm - if you're free you could join the party....
latest report
davelees215,

Welcome. There's a few other Nottingham snowHeads.

Deb & I are in Lambley, Maggi's in Arnold, K's in West Bridgford & Takingthepiste is also in Beeston.

I can see an alchohol based evening coming up snowHead
ski holidays
snowHead Alcohol sounds like a good idea. Do Nottingham snowheads meet up very often.
latest report
We've met up once in Nottm & have skied at Castleford & MK.

We're going to Castleford this Saturday afternoon (although Takingthepiste can't make it) - see the 'Trips' section. Can you make it?
ski holidays
Sorry, I can't make it this saturday i've already got plans. I'll keep an eye out on the site though for any future skiing or meet ups.
snow conditions
would have loved to come to castleford and meet the rest from nottingham but once again the b.. are making me work this weekend.. maybe next time
latest report
I'm from Nottingham.
latest report
Kramer,
Quote:

I'm from Nottingham

Well, most of us aren't! From there, that is. We just happen to live there now. Are you saying you live there and would like to meet up? Or you were born there and now live somewhere completely different?

Or were you interrupted Puzzled
ski holidays
I live there (here?). Would love to meet up with people (if only out of curiosity), but unfortunately do not have the time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy