Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Direct Travel have changed their Claims handler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've just called Direct Travel as I'm likely to have to make a claim. They have a new claims handler....does anyone know who they are? I've been referred on to AXA as my policy is still with them but any policy taken out after September this year will be handled by the new peeps....if I recall they did this a while ago and people started having trouble getting a claim settled and they went back to AXA. I'd like to know if it's the same bunch before I decide whether to renew my annual policy with them....anyone got any info?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
homphomp, No, but our previous insurance claim was handled at an address in Farnham (edit: Not Farnborough) and after the original form 'was lost in the post' we sent everything using Royal Mails 'to be signed for' service. They received all documents after that Toofy Grin

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 22-10-07 13:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
homphomp, I've just purchased my insurance from Direct Travel. They're now being underwritten by AIG.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thewahwah, Thanks! Now the question is...does anyone have any experience of AIG and whether they're efficient. My experience this morning wasn't very promising as they didn't seem to understand the meaning of the sentence "I've rung you once, you told me I needed to be transferred to someone else and then you cut me off....please can you give me the correct phone number"!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=735604&highlight=aig#735604

This is the only thing I can find on the whole of the forum about AIG, I assume it is the same company. Perhaps Agenterre could shed more light on it?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, Interesting....I might be tempted to assume that they are perfect since not a single snowHead seems to have had a need to rant about them! Still maybe snowHeads Insurance will be available before I have to renew so the question will be redundant....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
homphomp, Very Happy . I have to renew in January I think, so it will be on my mind too.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
homphomp, they do sponsor Man U, shirley that must count against them ? Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The claim I referred to above was underwritten by AIG, BUT the problem I had was with their claim handlers, IGCS based in Farnham Surrey.
Put IGCS Farnham into Google and it becomes obvious who they are contracted too at the moment. - Many many companies!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, a good point but maybe it would be better to put in loads of big claims Twisted Evil

Mines up in Feb so any experiences would be appreciated.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
AIG is a mega sized US based insurer, who have been in the UK insurance market for many years.

Here is their website

http://www.aigeurope.co.uk/webcm/home/155-1378-1378-HOME.html

There is no reason to imagine that they will be any better or worse than any other insurer. I think that all of us will have had some good experiences with insurers and some not so good.

The more relevant issue is the person to whom they delegate claims handling and claims settlement. This is essentially an outsourced operation so you will often deal with a third party supplier who has offered to provide the claims handling function for a fee (and presumably has in built performance targets which will include, I imagine, ensuring that fraudulent claims are not paid, nor are those which fall outwith the policy eg ski injuries sustained after consumption of too much alcohol !!

You get good claims handlers and bad ones, just like any other walk of life. You just have to hope that if it is your turn to claim, you get a good one.

Some people do try to claim when they are not entitled, that spoils it for the rest. Remember the insurer is in business to make money, which means taking in more in premiums than they pay out in claims. So every claim diminishes the profit, which is why they scrutinise them. If the claims exceed the premiums then either the price goes up directly or the insurers move out of that market, which reduces supply, which will itself increases prices or makes cover impossible to get
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy