Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES snow report 2007/08

Poster: A snowHead
As Tomorrow will be my opening day in the pyrenees I open this post to comment the evolution of this region (I pray for a "normal" season, and I'm also praying for never repeat the past season). This past week snowed a little amount enough to have the pistes OK, with an average of half meter. This night is snowing a little bit more to refresh the mountains.Little Angel Little Angel

All this week was very cold in all Catalunya, for example Barcelona reach the 0ºC and my city (Manresa) reach the -7ºC. And we expect similar weather for the rest of the week. The forecasts for the next week is nice, cold and a little snow. So the resorts can do man-made snow with goo quality and prepare all correct for Christmas

I'll take some photos from Formigueres (A little resort in the Neiges Catalanes, at the french side).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AlTom, keep up the good work !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
AlTom wrote:
As Tomorrow will be my opening day in the pyrenees I open this post to comment the evolution of this region (I pray for a "normal" season, and I'm also praying for never repeat the past season). This past week snowed a little amount enough to have the pistes OK, with an average of half meter. This night is snowing a little bit more to refresh the mountains.Little Angel Little Angel

All this week was very cold in all Catalunya, for example Barcelona reach the 0ºC and my city (Manresa) reach the -7ºC. And we expect similar weather for the rest of the week. The forecasts for the next week is nice, cold and a little snow. So the resorts can do man-made snow with goo quality and prepare all correct for Christmas

I'll take some photos from Formigueres (A little resort in the Neiges Catalanes, at the french side).

Sounds good. Do you know how Fonrt-Romeu and Les Angles are doing?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
LOL was going to ask exactly the same question snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Font Romeu and Les Angles are opened, not at 100% but with reasonable amount of pistes both.
The conditions today are good, and the forecast says that it will snow this week.

AlTom has done some photos, he will put them later in this topic
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Photos taken by companions of nevasport forum

Baqueira Beret:

Piau Engaly

ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
great photos, conditions look pretty good Twisted Evil
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just got back last night from Pas de la casa, conditions not too bad thanks to the snowfall at the start of the week, good and cold enough for snowmaking too.
The busy pistes were a bit icy in places (last run back to Pas was carnage at the top) and the OP that there was, is crusty now.
Base took a bit of hammer unfortunately, due to a piste being open that clearly wasn't in any fit state
Other than that pretty good but some more snow needed to open up the whole 200km's
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Fingers crossed we don't get a repeat of last year! I fancy SOME powder.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
not that im going there. I was in cauterets in the summer and just wondered what the snows like there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wrongsideof30, the run back to Pas is ALWAYS carnage at the top. I've skied there for 3 weeks and I've never seen it even relatively safe. It's the only draw back to Pas.
I'd hate to be there in high season.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Michael B, There are other ways down but they are blacks or offpiste Twisted Evil
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Dont talk to me about the black down. rolling eyes I took Mrs B and the kids down there last year thinking I could get further over to the blue. I was ok but youngest B was falling and crying etc etc. I got serious grief from them all. All I could say is "Its not my fault"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
hey,...may be we have a good snowfall by thursay until monday
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
What is this run at Pas you all speak of? I'll be skiing over to Pas for the first time this year.
snow report
SharkEnergy, Directa 1 and Directa 2 which run back down to the village from the Coll Blanc. (http://www.grandvalira.com/planigrafia/pdf/mapa.pdf) They get a bit crowded in the afternoon when people are on their way back from the other areas, they are wide but get narrowed by manic French. I suspect you are not staying in Pas so don't worry.
snow report
Dypcdiver, what the slpoes like in Andorra at mo
latest report
jase2472 wrote:
Dypcdiver, what the slopes like in Andorra at mo
snow report
jase2472 wrote:
jase2472 wrote:
Dypcdiver, what the slopes like in Andorra at mo

not too bad, bit icy in places no real problem if you are half decent on skis, probably a little bit trickier if you are on a snowboard,

the odd rock here and there, plenty of stuff open, would need more snow by the end of this week I would say
snow report
Don't know about Andorra but some of the Neige catalan resorts are skiing well. Formigueres has 100% open this week with great snow conditions. Les Angles and Font Romeu have a good percentage of pistes and lifts open too. Cambre d'aze has a lot of it's lower runs open.
snow conditions
jase2472, I'll defer to wrongsideof30, As just now I am skiving off from working in my garden, trying to get it ready for abandoning over the winter. rolling eyes Ill be up in Soldeu as of Sat 22nd Smile . Forecast is for some fresh over the next few days. I'll let you all know when I get there.
snow report
jiji, snow is expected from tomorrow to monday 60cm to more than 1 meter is expected to fall in the ranges near barcelona, andorra will be hammered to but with less snow.
snow conditions
metalhead132, snowforecast and metcheck are saying about 8-10 cm for soldeu...where do you get your info'from? will be out there end of Jan,not been to soldeu for a few years,can't wait.
snow conditions
andyjc, looking at metcheck, it seems most of the snow will be coming on Sunday, but with freezing levels looking to be around 1900m it looks a bit hit and miss as to whether the snow will be down to village level (metcheck actually has it a rain)....if it does snow, then it looks like it will be a significant dump.

.....Just seen some cheap flights to Girona, so might pop out there in Jan too.
snow report
Forecasts:

J2SKI (based on GFS) for La Molina, font Romeu, etc. (as more east more precipitation...):

Meteoswiss chart:

we will post the report....maybe I'll ski this sunday-monday and next weekends....we'll see....
ski holidays
andyjc wrote:
metalhead132, snowforecast and metcheck are saying about 8-10 cm for soldeu...where do you get your info'from? will be out there end of Jan,not been to soldeu for a few years,can't wait.

My info is that i'm living there, and I knows this climate very well
latest report
the forecasts were wrong,..al the prevision models has failed Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad no snow at the moment
latest report
Actually as I said A little movements of the HP ot LP can produce dramatic changes in precipitation. At the moment, despite in the coast or in the plane just 20km from Pyrenees the precipitation had been significant (60-70l/m2), but rain....... In the pyrenees, only the most eastern resort had been take something and not more than 5-10cm.......
The forecasts for this night and tomorrow say snow again, but the position of the HP and the winds looks me that no significant snowfall will fall.. Sad
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Some photos from past sunday in Formigueres:

Going up with at the morning looking back to the car park:

Up to the second chair (highest point: 2400m) to the east viewing Canigó range:

A little zoom up, to canigó (2.784m) (no ski resorts there), it has one of the highest verticals drops in Pyrenees as it's the last high mountain before mediterranean sea at only at 50km Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Now looking to the south. This range divide france (north) to catalunya (south), the plaine is at 1400m, and the tops at 2700-2800m.

A zoom up to the cambre d'aze cirque that I found specially nice (above eyne-cambre d'aze resort) with his spectacular couloir (and amazing to ski) in the middle:
snow report
AlTom, I have family in Font Romeu who have that view across to Eyne from their balcony! Fantastic pictures!

And Formigueres looks great - I have only skied it once (three years ago) in one of the biggest snowstorms I've ever been in: powder over the knees! So it's good to see what it looks like in sun... snowHead
snow report
Well, I'm here in Soldeu can't really rave about the conditions, as said elsewhere the high pressure has stopped the snow from getting here. However the is a good covering on most of the pistes, just the ocassional patch where the grooming machines have brought to the surface some pebbles but these can be avoided. Late afternoon the runs to resort can start to show the hard base with the passage of lots of skiers, sharp edges help. Keeping my fingers crossed that the high pressure will move and allow some frsh snow to fall.
snow conditions
Today another good day of skiing in Formigueres, the snow holds in perfect condition. the refreshing of saturday night helps to have good snow.
And more......no queues, no people...... I thinked that today will be busier than last week, and adding that IMO Formigueres have by far the best conditions of "Neiges Catalanes", some of the others are closed or working with minimum.....

Only in a couple of runs you found the advise "Cailloux", and all this little rocks are perfectly avoidable. The rest perfect snow, at the afternoon some places with snow cannons become hard...
Some "closed" runs have nice bumps to burn the legs at the late afternoon wink wink wink
ski holidays
can anyone give an update on conditions since monday. am planning to go to ax 3 domanes / bonascre. thanks keeders.
latest report
keeders, welcome to SnowHeads - either AlTom or Dypcdiver will be along shortly ! snowHead
latest report
Sorry, but forecasts are sh**, I'm a little depressed today....... sun and blue skies for the next 8-10 days. This f***** 2007 wants to finish as it starts...without snow Sad Sad , I hope that 2008 will come better.... Sad Sad Sad Sad

The snow cover is minimum, enough to ski in some the places but during and after Chistmas "crowds" maybe the condition turn worse due to much skiers for not much snow....

We will keep us informed..... waiting for a change...

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 27-12-07 10:49; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Thanks for that, I will probably go for the day tomorrow, will let you know how it went. Keeders
latest report
conditions were as expected, not enough snow and often very icy. to be fair, the 65 percent open as per the ax website was accurate, although I was surprised at the number of people. needs a good dump of snow to be any good......cheers keeders
snow conditions
Today a bit more optimist, not much, but not as much depressed as yesterday......We will wait the new year will come better and maybe the 3-4th will improve snow conditions.......

Maybe I'll start the year skiing in les angles or puyvalador.....

Keeders, the open runs are in a good shape or do you found stones???
ski holidays
We skiied Puyvalador christmas day and the snow at the top was superb. It has snowed last night and is still sowing now which can only help improve! Off to Formigueres this afternoon which also still has great conditions.
snow report
Altom, sorry for the slight delay. Lots of stones, even at the higher parts of the resort....
As you say, better to wait a bit, even one good dump of snow can make all the difference.
keeders
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy