Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

inepensive ski trip ideas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
10 of them, actually 12 here:
http://www.skifactz.com/cheap

This seems to be mostly for families and one-trip-per-year people but nevertheless there's some solid advice on how to extend your trips and save money. Worth trying. I am all for cheap skiing.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some valid points but It's a bit US centric though
- "Seek friends who own timeshares" - ok I guess we have that in the alps..by renting from a fellow snowhead
- Craigs list is a great place to look for owner directs - OH sure thats going to work in france..
- Look for deals and coupons in local papers - sure - is your name Jimmy Hill?
- Get your discounts - hmmm not sure I'll find that many in the Arlberg next year..(as a tourist not a local/seasonair)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I thought the advice was pretty good to be honest.

Craigs list is pretty good for some countries (there are other places to ski than France bertie). They have ads for Austria, Germany, Italy and Switzerland. Keeping the management co.'s out of the picture will keep the cost down too.

I reckon it is possible to keep the cost down if your pretty shrewd about it. That said, lift passes are always a killer!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lataee, thanks for posting, but it's not rocket science e.g. "Bring your own lunch" rolling eyes

I agree with the newspaper coupons though, I seem to recall getting a discount off something in Breckenridge last year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kersh wrote:
I thought the advice was pretty good to be honest.

Craigs list is pretty good for some countries (there are other places to ski than France bertie). They have ads for Austria, Germany, Italy and Switzerland. Keeping the management co.'s out of the picture will keep the cost down too.

I reckon it is possible to keep the cost down if your pretty shrewd about it. That said, lift passes are always a killer!

Indeed we did a week in st. anton earlier this year for 500 quid all in (apart from booze and 'food out') including flights, txfrs, accomodation, food 'n' booze in, and LIFT PASS!

Still next year we've gone the different route and have over 50 people going on one trip...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's not that hard to do cheap weeks. The key is to eat in the apartment, bring your own sandwiches) and not to drink in the pubs. The rest are fixed costs (ski pass, apartment, transport) which can be kept low by going to less well know resorts and booking early for a cheap apartment (and maybe flight)

I see people skimping 50-100E on a weeks apartment rental and then eating out (30E) followed by 5 or 6 pints (20-30E) each night
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Diarmuid wrote:
I see people skimping 50-100E on a weeks apartment rental and then eating out (30E) followed by 5 or 6 pints (20-30E) each night

I don't have a problem with that, it's their holiday after all.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
FenlandSkier wrote:

I don't have a problem with that, it's their holiday after all.

I agree, it is their holiday. I just voiced my opinion that doing budget trip pretty much precludes eating and drinking out.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Diarmuid, 30€ for a meal out? They should stop ordering the caviar.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've been based in the US for last season, and still are for this season, and we've really struggled to ski as cheaply here as europe, primarily because they don't have the same chalet industry here. Its impossible to get anywhere near the flight/transfers and half board accom £250/300 we pay last minute in really good European resorts. We've ended up accepting a) that we have to stay further away from the slopes/resorts and drive around and b) still end up having to pay more overall despite the beer and vin chaud bill going down significantly. One cost saving here has been buying new previous season x2 skis (Bandits) for £75, so if you are over this side of the pond and have a car, get out of resort down to the nearest town in the valley and go shopping! snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lataee wrote:
10 of them, actually 12 here:
http://www.skifactz.com/cheap
and the funniest line in that link?

1. Join a Ski Club
Most ski clubs are as fun as geriatric wards ....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy