Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wax On, Wax Off!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Do I need to re-wax my skis after two years of no use?
Two years ago I waxed up my skis packed them in the car and was just about to start on road trip to Alps when Macron shut all the ski resorts!! Sad Sad ! Finally able to go back out again in a week and was wondering if skis need to be re-waxed? Does a waxed ski degrade over time if stored wrapped up in a ski bag, inside my house (probs around 18°C, low humidity). Show me the science!! Cool TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have no science to offer, but I am confident that you are good to go… On the other hand, waxing is also an excuse to hide in the shed with a six-pack of cold beer … just saying wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If they were kept at constant temp/humidity then should be ok. Might have been different if kept in a loft with the extreme temperature variation. Might be worth a top up with a puck wax

Had mine done at the Piste Office early last season in forlorn hope of a trip. Used them a couple of days on the Psb, and they were still fine for the Pre and Birthday bashes. Topped up with Zardoz before the trip, and every couple of days and still looking good.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Oooh both solid answers. What’s this ‘puck wax’? Have used speed wipes before as pretty handy but guess a fresh drip over and some beers actually sounds not too much of a chore!! Haha! Very Happy Have just knocked together a little back country ski bench so might be rude not to lol Little Angel good to know @brianatab do you have any links?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Mistermish, I get mine from @Spyderjohn at the piste office. Luckily he's very close to me, but he does mail order.

https://www.thepisteoffice.com/

https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/com-virtuemart/com-virtuemart-menu-categories/the-piste-office-store/wax-zardoz/zardoz-notwax-pocket-puck-15g-detail
https://www.thepisteoffice.com/index.php/com-virtuemart/com-virtuemart-menu-categories/the-piste-office-store/wax-zardoz/zardoz-notwax-pocket-puck-15g-66-detail

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 4-03-22 15:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
As much as I love servicing my skis, I wouldn't be bothered.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just looking at them may well answer your question. I serviced my skis at the end of the 19/20 season to be ready for the 20/21 one...where that sat (in my spare room) until start of the 21/22 season. On checking them over there were white-ish, rather than glossy black patches, indicating they'd dried out a bit and needed re-waxing.

If you have some dry-ish patches then a waxing's probably worth while. If they are still a uniform, glossy black just ski them and see if they feel slippy or slow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Layne wrote:
As much as I love servicing my skis, I wouldn't be bothered.

Me neither!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good to see such solid advice, and tips from the professionals haha!! Have ordered a ‘puck’ that I will use if needed on my three sets and as gf’s are a bit patchy I’ll overhaul hers - it looks like she’s been skiing down a scrap heap so time to get the candles out lol! Think I’ll just go to the shed and drink the beer and pretend I’m doing all four sets!! Could be a while.....hic!! wink quality advice, much appreciated
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mistermish wrote:
Good to see such solid advice, and tips from the professionals haha!! Have ordered a ‘puck’ that I will use if needed on my three sets and as gf’s are a bit patchy I’ll overhaul hers - it looks like she’s been skiing down a scrap heap so time to get the candles out lol! Think I’ll just go to the shed and drink the beer and pretend I’m doing all four sets!! Could be a while.....hic!! wink quality advice, much appreciated

I knew you would work out the right solution Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy