Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

EasyJet Ski charges

Poster: A snowHead
Not sure if this is new.

I just checked an EasyJet flight from Amsterdam to Basel and ontop of the extra €6 charge for your baggage they also want €45 for 1 pair of skis .

I see they want £4 & £30 for similar flight from Luton.

Rediculous.

I,ll continue with Swiss Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stanton wrote:
Not sure if this is new.

I just checked an EasyJet flight from Amsterdam to Basel and ontop of the extra €6 charge for your baggage they also want €45 for 1 pair of skis .

I see they want £4 & £30 for similar flight from Luton.

Rediculous.

I,ll continue with Swiss Very Happy

Been there for a while now. £15 each way for skis and also now they charge £2m each way for bags to go in the hold.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just had the following E mail from Easyjet:

Book your ski flights with easyJet and your skis go free

Winter 07 flights are now on sale, allowing you to book your ski holidays all the way through until March 2008! Book now to get the best fares.

And even better news, book your ski flights before the 5th October 2007 and you can check your skis in for free!

Simply enter the promotional code SKI08 when prompted to do so at stage 3 of the booking process and your discount will automatically be applied.

For full terms and conditions please visit easyJet.com
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, got that one too, annoying as I've already booked my flights and paid for ski carriage Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've booked my flights but not paid for ski carriage yet. Do you think if I try adding it now, it'll let me have it for free?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B wrote:
I've booked my flights but not paid for ski carriage yet. Do you think if I try adding it now, it'll let me have it for

free?

There probably charge you a change of booking fee. Be time you paid that + the ski carriage it wold be cheaper to hire oin the resort Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There isn't a change of booking fee to add ski carriage on at a later date, as I have done so.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Frosty - I'm with you (posted a similar thread this a.m.) I've already booked and paid for carriage too. Don't rate our chances of a refund!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I deliberately didn't pay at the time because I knew that I could add them at any point for no "extra" above the £15 each way. Just looked at the t&c for promotion and it is quite narrow.

Only one free pair of skis per booking (even if there are 2 or more people on the booking)

Only one free ski carriage per household
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Elizabeth B, I've just tried (for our MSB flight) and it is charging £30. I only need it in one direction (return), but I can only book both ways.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I cannot believe you guys even entertain these charges imposed on our sport.

Everyone should boycott these so called cheap airlines.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton, what are we supposed to do? Walk?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stanton, yeah, what are we suppose to do about it? Fly Swiss I assume, who don't fly from our local airports. Pollute the envorinment with our cars and drive there? Or be a happy Hollander and skate on the canals instead? Cycle with them strapped to our back?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont, I shall be flying on a chipfat powered 747 http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7017694.stm
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton, if it hadn't been for these
Quote:

so called cheap airlines

most of us still wouldn't be able to afford to fly, at the huge prices that the airlines were charging.
snow report
Yes but Michelle you still need to have a word about those of us that are hapy to pay for our skis one way but will be leaving them somewhere for a good few weeks. Can't book that online.
ski holidays
fatbob, good point Confused
latest report
fatbob, you can if you book the return flight separately from the outbound.
snow report
....Yep & pay double the credit charge surcharge wink
ski holidays
Oh! You guys have to pay a surcharge... wink
snow conditions
fatbob, Cant you just book 2 single trips - one there with skis & one back without Puzzled
snow conditions
fatbob, I was planning on waiting until I had taken the outbound flight, and then seeing if I could add the ski carriage that way. If I can't I can always phone them.
snow report
Helen Beaumont wrote:
stanton, yeah, what are we suppose to do about it? Fly Swiss I assume, who don't fly from our local airports. Pollute the envorinment with our cars and drive there? Or be a happy Hollander and skate on the canals instead? Cycle with them strapped to our back?

If the mountains were nearer we would cycle with the skis. This is how we go surfing here

http://www.sublimesurfshop.nl/comdev/_files/Image/IMGP0953.JPG

What did you do before Cheap airlines?

When I started skiing I used to hitchhike down to the Alps in less than a day Very Happy
snow report
geri

fatbob wrote:
....Yep & pay double the credit charge surcharge wink

THey get yoiu one way or another - the only thing is to rock up & pay one way at the airport
snow conditions
stanton, I went on charter flights on package holidays to a limited choice of destinations because I live in NE England. Now I drive more often than I fly.
ski holidays
fatbob, you can make two single bookings, but pay for them all at the same time.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
fatbob wrote:
Yes but Michelle you still need to have a word about those of us that are hapy to pay for our skis one way but will be leaving them somewhere for a good few weeks. Can't book that online.

I paid at the airport last year, explained that I couldn't book a one way ski carriage on their website, so they charged me £15.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy