Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon snowboard boots - flex

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Have been looking at some Salomon boots online and trying to understand the system they use to measure/describe the different boots in terms of flex - most of them seem to be between 5 and 8 on a scale of 1-10, and since the 8 ones were more freestyle boots I assume that makes them softer, but I'm not sure.

I was looking at the f20's as I've seen some fairly cheap ones, and I was recommended Salomon for narrow feet. The f20 i think is a freestyle boot though, and while I'm quite into jumps and stuff, I'm never going to be spending all day in the park so I'm not sure if I want a boot that soft (if it is that soft!)

Also, does anyone know about the sizing with Salomon boots? I'm a size 7 shoe (eur 40), so would a 6.5 be ok, or more like a 7.5 as I've read some people saying theyre quite small but I want to make sure they fit really well.

Ok, I've written loads I know, so here are my questions again;

What do the numbers mean on the Salomon site for boot flex?
Are freestyle boots softer ones?
Is the f20 too soft for general riding?
How do the Salomon sizes come up? Would a 6.5 be right for a size 40?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is no way of measuring the flex, other than at point of construction. Snowboard boots break from the first time you put them on, best thing to do is never wear them and take up skiing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sage advice from SMALLZOOKEEPER on his 6066 post...

Cannister7, try them on before you buy otherwise you'll never know! Other than that I know nothing about snowboard boots... someone will...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try them on , I know, but I'm willing to take a chance having tried some on already, and having the option of sending them back. I just want to know about what different sorts are good for really, and how Salomon gauge their boots. Also the sizing.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy