Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone been to Superdevoluy/ Joue du Loup??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
seasideboarder wrote:
Can anyone pass on any info?

The lift operator is in ch.11 bankruptcy. Expect lifts will still run next season, snow permitting but doubt they've done much investment over the summer. I havn't been since 2001 when there were a lot of drags and slow chairs - this at least meant the runs were empty. It is a pretty good ski domain. SuperD is somewhat ugly with a single mega apartment block on the front de neige.

If you are reserving an apartment check what the status is carefully. Some leaseback owners havn't been paid rents for 6 months.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well don't completely dismiss SuperD, as I said the ski domain is good and the lift system may have improved over the last 6 years. Just do some due diligence to make sure there are no nasty surprises when you arrive.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i was thinking of buying there but the leaseback people were a bit squirrly so i gave it a miss. Thank god Shocked
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The amount of building work on the Joue du Loup side has been amazing, but at least they were wooden clad, far better looking than the SuperD side. Last Christmas, only one run each side was open, with artificial snow. They did a great job with what they had. The only problem was the Loup side, the cannons being on the steep side of the slope, nervous skiers walked around. By mid January most runs were open, and in good condition.
They use the hands free pass system, and you can buy a limited pass for the lower lifts only. Beginner's ski school was excellent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
seasideboarder, Thanks for the question. I've never been to SuperD, but often wondered what it was like, since - as far as we could tell from the map - it was the closest ski domain to where I would have lived in France, had I emigrated there as once planned.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The mountain range is quite spectacular, rising out of a plateau at around 1000m

and as for crowds, there wern't any

the person selling lift tickets told me I had bought the 100th ticket of the day at just after midday. Cool. This was mid April mind.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy