Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Info on these areas

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Im after details of the following places, I think I will be going to most of them over 2007/2008

Basic info required flight times, general costs of flights or any tips on how to get cheaper than normal ....anything really

Calgary - Canada
Park City - Utah
Lake Placid - NY
Nagano - JPN

Cheers

The Mongoose
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Lake Placid - NY

Simple, don't go there if you have ANY choice (unless you want to challenge yourself with skiing pure ice).

There's no airport nearby. A car is absolutely essential. The drive in (~3hours? from Albany or Montreal) is partly on icy, twisty mountain roads. There's no village at the base.

To be cheaper than usual? You could stay near the base, for a relatively good price. But like I said, no village, no service. I'm not even sure if there's any place to get a bite to eat! Majority of skiers stay at the village of Lake Placid (White Face, the ski resort, is about 10 miles from Lake Placid)

Oh yeah, bring lots, and I mean lots, of warm clothes. It's bloody cold there!

If it sounds like Scotland, it probably is not too far off.

One thing though, there's rarely any lift queues. Wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hmongoose,
Where are you flying from?
When are you planning to go?
How long are you planning to stay?
How many of you are travelling?
Do you need to organise accomodation?
Do you need to hire equipment?
Will you be wanting lessons?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Park City, Utah

Fly to Salt Lake City and you wana be staying in Salt Lake City as well. Park City is extreamly expencive, has quite poor sking and SLC is closer to the good sking (Snowbird, Alta, Brighton, Solitude). So fly to SLC, ski around SLC and take a day trip or one night in PC. You dont need more unless the single reason you are going on vacation is to show off in big wide groomers and in stores with your Amex Gold. You dine much better in SLC then you do in PC.

SLC is a delta hub so its very easy to get there.

Tex
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mongoose,

Lucky SOB.

Have to go to these places or would like to?

Here's my 2 yen worth.

CALGARY
Head south to Castle Mountain, then go to Fernie. Head west to Whitewater and then Red. Head north to Revelstoke for it's first season. East to Kicking Horse.

If the snow is great hit Lake Louise. if not, drive striaght by to Sunshine. Back to Calgary. Home.

Time frame? Minimum 10 days.

PARK CITY
Only ski Deer Valley in this valley. Forget Park City and The Canyons.

Then you've got Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, Solitude, Brighton, Alta, Snowbird, Sundance in that order.

Time frame? Minimum 10 days.

NAGANO AREA
If the snow is poo-poo, very unlikely, think about flying to Sapporo on Hokkaido and skiing the Niseko area (where I currently call home).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mongoose, So you have an Olmpic fetish, yes? Why no Lillehammer or Sarajevo?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Guvnor,
Quote:

So you have an Olympic fetish

Maybe he's one of these Olympic delegates....

In which case
Quote:

show off in big wide groomers and in stores with your Amex Gold

Gold??? Surely it'll be the black one..gold is for peasants..
Little Angel Little Angel
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi

Thanks a bunch for the info, this rocks for this kind of stuff.

I am not a Olympic delegate, maybe an olympic competitor in 2010, if and I stress if , my plans come together with a poo-poo load of luck. who knows.

Where are you flying from? UK
When are you planning to go? OVER 2007/2008
How long are you planning to stay? NOT SURE
How many of you are travelling? ONE OR TWO
Do you need to organise accomodation? MAYBE
Do you need to hire equipment? NO
Will you be wanting lessons? MAYBE

I just want 4/5 months of winter madness, clean air,snow,the views, the beer. Im happy in the hills with my mates and a snowborad, know what I mean.

Cheers all

The Mongoose
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy