Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boards?

Poster: A snowHead
What's everyone looking to get this winter? yesterday I went to see what's new in the shops. Loads of new salomons this year but I'm not really into them, nor burton except maybe the jeremy jones or dominant slick, neither of which are in the shop near me Sad
These are the boards they do have that interest me.
Atomic axum seems bendy and great fun, plus the last 2 seasons I tested them and they rocked. Only thing that puts me off is it's a bit too cheap.

the new nitro MFM (I got last years one, love it) is the one I'll probably get but I fancy a change, something real flexy. The thing I love about this board is the slightly off cut nose and tail, for me that really makes a difference when things start going pear shaped.

The nitro misfit feels good in the shop, a bit more flexy than the MFM

Decisions decisions decisions, was easier last month when I didn't care about winter coming and there were no new boards in the shop.

Getting half excited now about the coming winter, check out Mack Dawg's We're people too DVD to feel at least as half excited as I am, insane dvd.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stab, so why aren't you at the L2A mondail with me? wink
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A number of reasons.

I don't know what that is.
It's in France, a country I don't particularly want to go to.
I'm just about the only idiot still working his summer season job.
I don't have a passport.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
stab wrote:
I don't have a passport.

Should we envy you?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Masque wrote:
stab wrote:
I don't have a passport.

Should we envy you?

Only if being stuck in switzerland is your idea of fun.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
stab, B'stard Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Laughing to be honest it's not my idea of fun. I just pray no one in my family dies soon because I can't go to the funeral.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stab, silly question, why don't you get a new passport? it doesn't take long. rolling eyes

p.s Our local shop really rated the Atomics regardless of the price. Don't know anything about Nitro but they look hot... but looks aint everything
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stab, you can get out of GVA on more or less any kind of valid ID. Getting back in might be an issue, mind.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yeah I've never come back in without a check, my car is swiss so there's a good chance I'd be ok but don't want to chance it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well I have a brand new Rome Blue with some new flows. Gone for 155 which is longer than my Palmer. It was a surprise present from 10 month old Mouth Junior this month for b/day.

Am going to keep my Palmer for rocky days and bad slope conditions. Hoping to christen the Rome in December. Boy am I excited about this board!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
do any of you buy boards without testing them 1st?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm not posting a pic of mine till it arrives.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stab, I have but i needed one and do not live near snow. Modial next week will be my chance to test loads and compare with my untested choice Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stab, yes me. My last 2 boards have been on recommendation by the owner of a board shop I frequent. I then do my own research and get opnions where possible,
ski holidays
stab, my first board (Burton Feather) i had tested in Davos so hunted until i found it. The 2nd one (Rome Blue) I did my research & BF had Rome board which he rated so the decision was made!
ski holidays
wow, scary Shocked
I won't even take them off the rack until I know what size the tests boards are. Downside to that is I'm having a hard time convincing the other half that I need a board specifically for powder days, another for jumping, another for hard conditions and finally an all round board. She just doesn't understand Laughing

Quote:

I have but i needed one and do not live near snow. Modial next week will be my chance to test loads and compare with my untested choice

I suppose not living near snow you don't have much choice, bummer that. If you get chance test a salomon prospect, I'm convinced this is the worst board ever made. The salomon loft on the other hand is good, weird old world.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy