Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Big Charging Skis?

Poster: A snowHead
right, looking for a pre-season treat, or at least a shortlist to try out once season starts. I want to buy a big pair of skis for some big days out over the back! So far I've whittled it down to:

Dynastar Legend Pro
Rossi B Squad
Movement Goliath

I ride lesser Movements now so they're probably the favourites but anyone got experience of the other two or have any other recommendations along the same line??

cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.duretskis.com/index.php?idarticle=192

go on you know you want to NehNeh
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Now that's fat!! Shocked
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
barry, http://www.highsocietyfreeride.com/skis_fr.php
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
II wrote:
http://www.duretskis.com/index.php?idarticle=192

go on you know you want to NehNeh

alternatively could just buy 2 snowboards Shocked Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers Frosty have you skied High Society? I like a stiff ski, hence my shortlist. Specs read like they're pretty stiff??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11330
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barry, I have skied them.......but only in a big fridge. If you do a search on the site you will see universal acclaim for these skis. Some folks like them so much at a ski test in Val Thorens that they kept them for severl days rather than minutes Shocked Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
barry, I have Rossi B Squad Pro 700euros to a Snowhead. Deal of the century! Or Head Monster 103(somewhere!). Drop me a P.M. this is our bag!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
barry, Volkl Katana? Dynastar Pro Rider XXL? I haven't skied either of these skis but they look / feel pretty good. Might be a little bit more powder orientated.

Skied the Pro Rider but prefer my old Explosives. Good straightlining potential.

Kneissl Tanker? I skied this a few years ago. Awesome for hard charging, really liked the way this feels, I believe it's unchanged.

I skied the original team edition B3, nice ski, big stiff and likes straight lines. Not sure which Squad you mean, I think you can get something that's more like a B4 and real Squads, big & mean. SZK offer is pretty good if you want a real one.

I would also suggest the im103 and maybe the Nordica Supercharger Blower, but I haven't skied them.

Depending on where you are based I can't recommend enough a Faction 3Zero or 13. The 13 is my everyday ski, I ski it tele which is perfect, for serious charging it might be a little soft in the tip, it all depends on your own stats / skiing ability, the 3Zero is the same dimensions but shorter and doesn't suffer from the soft tip.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
parlor, All this chat of Straight lines is going to make the summer go real slow. Wind it in son! Cool
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
barry, Stoeckli DP Pros...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
barry wrote:
cheers Frosty have you skied High Society? I like a stiff ski, hence my shortlist. Specs read like they're pretty stiff??

Barry, what height/weight are you?

I'm 210lbs & I've skied both the 187cm FR (136-104-126 23.7m) & the 179cm FR (124-92-114 21.7m) but only at Xscape, which is obviously a bit too confined to fully test them. However it was enough for me to know I liked their stiffish flex as I'm used to Atomic SX:B5's, Metron B5's & Sugar Daddy's etc - the FR flex being very similar to that of the Sugar Daddy when doing the a side by side 'bend' comparison.

You can test the High Society skis (plus many other makes) at the MK ski test at the end of Sept or I can arrange a private demo for you at Castleford. For a different option it's worth demo'ing the fat but short & stiff Icelantic Shaman's & Nomad's. I've also got a brand new pair of Sugar Daddy's going at a bargain price but only in 173cm which is probably too short for what you want.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
barry, How about getting something custom made and REALLY treat yourself. I know of one company (mentioning no names) that will make a 1 off ski upto a width of 140mm!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
hmm, excellent, thanks all - lots to ponder / try out for the coming fun. I'm 5"11 and 225 lbs and like to go for it at every opportunity so really want a sturdy pair! Planning 2 quite special trips this season hence the search Very Happy
latest report
High Society are sweet - I've ridden them in a fairly good mix of conditions and they're beefy but very useable - I'm 200lb/6'. Lovely.
latest report
barry

I guess the real questions are how special are the trips - Alaska?

Hard charging like this guy?

http://youtube.com/v/cjXcMkPNtKE

In which case may I recommend a coffin.
snow conditions
 brian
brian
fatbob, chee-arrrrge Shocked

What a nutter ! Looked fantastic on the open bit mind you.
ski holidays
"I probably should have scoped that line".....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bit of an understatement.... Puzzled Shocked Cool Cool
snow report
AK yes hopefully, charging like that dude, i think not - there's going for it and there's going for it! Shocked
snow conditions
fatbob, lurking on TGR again, eh?
latest report
Arno, guilty as charged - do I ahve to register as a JONG to get invited to your London summit?
latest report
fatbob, yes - it's a rite of passage Madeye-Smiley

edit: you can't possibly come across as more of a JONG than this bloke:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92732

Shocked
snow conditions
Arno,

or most of them... judging by that litlte intro... Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Americans are so funny. Meet them and they're perfectly fine; let them loose with a keyboard and/or some beer and it all gets a bit shouty. The Chinese will put them in their place within the next few centuries, mark my words...
By the way, we're at the start of an Ice Age cycle. Is there a thread about this?
snow report
right, i've sorted myself out and finally decided - just bought a new pair of Movement Goliaths - not the new graphic or shorter version 08 model (so still the 191 long beasts @ 135/108/124).

Think I did ok as got them for 347 quid including MVMT(VIST) 412 Lt Titanal binding ("premounted" to my details) and shipped via UPS from Italy
cant wait to drop into something deserving! (but i promise to "scope that line" first!!)

SWEEEEET Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
barry, you've done more than ok as that binding/brake set-up is 130 quid's worth.
ski holidays
Good work, hope you don't regret not following David Murdoch's advice... 'Cos DP Pros rock!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy