Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Itchy trigger finger?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ah yes, winter is here. What with all the rain down low and that white stuff up high the Arve is at it's highest all summer. Forcasts for a good start to the winter are good, so the skis and boots are out in the shop. Lets keep them crossed for a great season, long and profitable. Good luck and all the best to my collegues and you the 'Punter' this winter.

Stuff to look out for!

Marker Duke 'Sidecountry' binding.

Black diamond skis.

Black Crows skis.

Dynafit Zzero Freerando boot.

Anything Telemark.

Mammut Pulse.

Salomon Impact boot (yes, i said that!)

Bring it on.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Black diamond skis.

Is that the same people that make the head torches?

Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sage, Yes, they now make their own CNC milled skis. Reports have been favourable. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Who made the skis for them last year?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Wear The Fox Hat, Atomic. Hello buddy, you well? Thanks for the intro on the boot forum, very flattered. Embarassed
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, .... I wondered if you would explain what a 'sidecountry' binding was ... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BernardC, Easy Tiger! Toofy Grin

Side country: Lift acsessed, short accsent (bloody hell i hate this A.C.S. spelling thing!) freeride, where ski boots and alpine bindings are prefered over rando boots and lightweight kit, but reach just too far for comfort.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BernardC wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, .... I wondered if you would explain what a 'sidecountry' binding was ... Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Same as the slackcountry?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
So does a side country binding allow me to release my heel for shorts walks etc????
snow conditions
 brian
brian
kitenski, yes.

http://www.wildsnow.com/backcountry-ski-museum/marker-duke-07-08/marker-duke-ski-binding.html
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
i should have my paws on a couple of pairs of bargain price Dukes quite soon. very exciting snowHead
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno,

seem quite heavy..at 5lbs 7..? now, where did I get that from..??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JT, yes, but I have a dynafit set-up for when there will be a lot of uphill
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, is that like frontcountry? Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swirly, I can't belive people still remember one of my finer, more diplomatic moments! Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy