Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car Hire from Geneva

brian
brian
Firstly apologies if this is the wrong forum, it's a travel related query Confused

I've got flights booked to Geneva, end of January. Last time I did this we got ridiculously cheap car hire from Easycar but they seem to have moved to the French side and gone expensive Sad

There's quite good rates from holidayautos.co.uk . Anyone know if their prices go up or down as the date nears ? It should be a quiet week I'd have thought.

Any other top tips ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think holiday autos prices go up - they depend on the availabilty of the main hire companies, so as it reduces, they charge more. (at least that was how they used to work)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Brian if you go onto the Geneva Airport website www.gva.ch you'll find all the car hire companies listed, they will all have special offers of one sort or another.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, http://www.snowextras.com seem to be giving particularly good value at present from GVA.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, we've been down this road before. See this thread for loads more info and opinions.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, If you decide to book with Holiday Auto's put "carpark" into the promotional codes when booking and you'll get another £10 off. Someone just gave me a car park ticket with this handy info on - two days after I booked my car!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've used travelocity the last couple of times and got a reasonably priced car.
latest report
 brian
brian
Thanks folks.

Sixti seems to be the ridiculously cheap successor to easycar but tragically their office closes at 20:00, my flight lands at 20:45 Crying or Very sad

homphomp, I can't see a promotional box on holidayautos.co.uk ??

Edit: I found the promo box, you have to click on "book" and then enter it and it recalculates the price.

But .... it says "carpark" is not a valid code.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
brian, Can't help I'm afraid....that's what it says on the advert! Maybe I've been passed something that's out of date....or so new it's not been added yet? My mates not here to ask! (There's also a phone booking no 0870 400 4449....but then you'd probably lose more than £10 by missing out on online booking discounts??)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
brian, holiday autos prices go up until the month before when they start giving them away at silly prices again. Also quite good to book one below what you want and then ask for something bigger. Used holiday autos a couple of times and found the service to be brilliant - i've never actually had one of their cars, always been alamo or national etc. Whatch out if you use AOL as your e-mail provider as for some reason your e-mail confirmation doesn't get through - don't ask me why i don't know and neither do they. Hotmail seems to work ok.

Oh also if you do the preliminary booking online and then ring up they will honour the online price and complete for you over the phone. Wink
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Anyone looking at holiday autos, you get 10% discount by going through this site.

http://www.fleeteurope.co.uk/main.aspx?page=wwh
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We're going to La Plagne on Dec 22nd, and have booked a 7seater Galaxy or similar for 8 days for 270 quid with www.carhire.co.uk

Altho this is a part of Holiday Auto's, the prices it was giving us were a lot lower than Holiday Autos prices??? Why?? I'll be blowed if I know Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy