Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HandiRack

Poster: A snowHead
Not directly skiing related, but wondered if anyone has or has used one of these? http://www.handirackuk.com/

I've agreed to lend my usual ski transporting vehicle to a friend, having forgotten that I need to get myself (and my ski bag) to Manchester airport the week after next. I can't get a roof rack for my other car but one of these might do the job, as long as it will fit to a two door car. The website seems to suggest all will be OK but any personal experience would be welcomed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have one! It's fantastic. I really like mine, so easy to use, packs down to nothing and as it says on the tin, very handy.

I thought I did a review on here about it? Can't be bothered to search.

The only issue is that you have to have your skis separated and binding side up, so you'll be hard pushed to fit more than four pairs on your average roof.

Oh and they can leak when it's really tipping down...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
BGA, great video Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rayscoops, yes, from the Benny Hill school of videography.

parlor, I am going to be taking two pairs of skis in one large ski bag so that should be OK, how do you fasten the ski bag to the handirack? Just with bungee cords like a normal roof rack?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BGA, it comes with free straps I think.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops wrote:
BGA, great video Very Happy

Priceless - esp 34.951s

Yes, I am 12 and no, I don't have anything better to do.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BGA, it has D rings every 50cm or so, comes with two good quality webbing straps. It will only work with your ski bag if the bag is rigid enough, it only sits 7-10cm off the roof... one way or t'other you'll get it sorted. Superb for £50.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes, we've used one for skis and boards and it doesn't mess up the paint as long as you clean the roof first. Very stable even at motorway speeds, though I wouldn't want to run the length of France with one... Overall, very fine idea which works.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bought one yesterday. Fitted it to the roof, and all looks OK but in the instructions it suggests that the two racks need to be about 700mm apart, which is a problem when the car roof is only long enough for it to be 400mm apart. Also the car has pillarless doors with windows that close directly onto the base of the roof. That shouldn't be a problem though. Am going to have a dry run tonight with the skis and ski bag strapped on
latest report
 brian
brian
BGA, let us know how it goes, looks like it could be useful.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

Just went for a dry run with ski bag attached to handirack. Seems to work very well, OH was following me in chase car to ensure that bits didn't drop off. Front end of the bag lifts up a bit at speed (60+) and also under hard acceleration. Suspect this is due to two cross members being quite close together as car is not very long. Little bit more wind noise as well since the windows don't shut flush so probably a bit irritating on a very long trip, but perfect for what I needed.

Did get a few strange looks though!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
BGA, matches your ski bag as well wink
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cricky old boy, you've turned your aston into an areodynamic brick Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kiwi1 wrote:
Cricky old boy, you've turned your aston into an areodynamic brick Laughing

Also void's any warranty claims re the paint on the roof Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

you've turned your aston into an areodynamic brick

4.3L V8. Who needs aerodynamics wink
snow report
Watch out for the hand pump, I broke mine the second time I used it...
ski holidays
BGA wrote:
Quote:

you've turned your aston into an areodynamic brick

4.3L V8. Who needs aerodynamics wink

Laughing Laughing PMSL
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy