Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads Mission Creep

brian
brian
Just took a notion to update my Skier Profile. Apart from having to add 3 to the age Sad , the major thing that struck me was how my skiing life has expanded since I started kicking about here.

Then - an annual trip to the alps and a few day trips up North if I could squeeze them in. Smile

Now - own an apartment in Switzerland, planning 2 long weekends and 2 weeks to the alps plus hoping for a day or 2 here as well. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

For me this is at least partly due to the fact that my kids are a bit older and getting into the sport (but even that owes a big debt to hooking up with easiski via here and having the confidence to go for it). However I can't help feeling that I'm riding the snowHead wave.

Anyone else notice this effect ? How's it expanded for you ? wink
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, well documented apartment purchase, maximum of two weeks now expanded to PSB , the 2 weeks at Christmas, then up to another three weeks if possible, plus occasional trips to Castleford. My conclusion, joining SnowHeads has porved expensive wink snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen Beaumont, "SnowHeads has porved expensive" if you put it like that is it less expensive??? Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, I've also noted the increase in trips away, from 1 week a year to 5 trips in both of the last couple of years. Another way to ask this question would be "how much has snowHeads cost you". To that question I hate to think the answer Shocked
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pre-snowheads - 3 weeks in 3 years

since joining - first 2 weeks per year but now 4 weeks per year Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Ray Zorro, Helen Beaumont, think of all that life enrichment though wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
brian, and the liver damage................. Laughing easiski, who knows?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Don't have a skier profile but I did one week 2 years ago and 2 weeks last year. I am now desperately trying to work out how to do more this year and have lessons with easiski. I have been on a Warren Smith course and am going back next year, I got my boots at last years boot clinic and went to the ski test.

I don't have a problem do I?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pre-snowheads - 3 weeks in 5 years
04-05 2weeks
05-06 3 weeks
06-07 4 weeks
07-08 already booked 3.5 weeks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh God!

In the old days: 1 week per year, sometimes 1 week plus one weekend.
Own boots and skis.

Now:
Shack in Switz'
3x10 day trips, plus 5 weekends
Own boots and 5 pairs of skis (that is just me...nobody has less than 2 pairs in our family!)

How much has snowHeads cost us?

A LOT!

Worth every penny too Little Angel
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Meh, ive still only had one week a year since joining. But that's only due to lack of money and the small problem of completing college, and not for my lack of trying!

Hey guys, you must all be jealous of how much money im going to save next year. Not one skiing trip going to happen Sad Mad Crying or Very sad

Oh well, i have to admit though that before snowheads i would have never thought of doing a season, and now im planning to do just that in my gap year Toofy Grin

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 22-08-07 15:07; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
brian, interesting post. I wouldn't exactly blame snowHeads for having bought an apartment, as it was something I'd been thinking about for a while (how to spend max time on the snow) but "meeting" so many other people who share the same goal makes me feel that it's quite normal, when all around me are people who find it much more normal to spend their hard-earned money on goals I don't share.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Markus, my deepest sympathies Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PS give us a wave Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Frosty the Snowman, northener???

Good on you Very Happy Laughing
snow report
 brian
brian
pam w wrote:
when all around me are people who find it much more normal to spend their hard-earned money on goals I don't share.

You've met my wife then. Laughing
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Markus, Currently at my desk on Preston Farm Business Park at the top of Yarm Road Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, its not all bad then... Getting paid to browse SHs seems to be a good solution to fixing the addiction Very Happy (well help pay for it anyway, not too sure about fixing :S) Laughing

On a further note - do people actually think that if they hadnt joined SHs they wouldnt go skiing as much as they do now, or do you think that the fact you go skiing more often and the fact that you joined snowheads are both products of an already growing addiction?
snow report
Joined in February 2005 straight after my first skiing holiday, had one more long weekend that year. The next year I managed 3 weeks over 3 trips and last Winter 3.5 weeks over 4 trips. 3 weeks planned for next year (so far) over 2 trips.

What part has snowHead 's played? Considerable I think in keeping my enthusiasm levels high (especially out of season) and also introducing me to easiski, as a result I had 3 trips to LDA last year.
snow report
Er...
Since joining SnowHeads I've done two seasons, and all fixed up for a third.

Do I win??
ski holidays
Markus, Snowheads introduced me to great quality lessons. Nuff said.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Since I joined snowHeads... well... I have gone on ski trips I wouldn't have been able to go on otherwise because my mum was looking after my dad. I had loads of fun, improved my skiing loads and made loads of friends. And it changed my life. In 2006 I was trapped in a life that was really not good for me and lost was wrong but I couldn't see it, and I'd been very hurt - going away on PSB 2006 enabled me to look at my life, see what a mess it was and what was wrong, start getting over who had hurt me, and made me see I needed to sort my life out. Thanks to sH, I started sorting my life out.

So I'd say sH made quite a difference!
ski holidays
brian, I thought this thread was about every one in snowheads seeing the light about excellent skis.
snow conditions
Quote:

Er...
Since joining SnowHeads I've done two seasons, and all fixed up for a third.

Do I win??

I'll see your two seasons and raise you a heliskiing trip to New Zealand next week Very Happy

Speaking for myself I've gained a lot of info off snowHead s and from reading some of the trip reports been inspired to have a go at some ski touring next season. This will result no doubt in weight loss, improved fitness, and prolonged life. So quite good then really
snow report
err....can't say I am doing too much different, but I have met some very nice people and made some good friends.
And I am planning trips with snowHead so in that sense I am getting about a bit more
snow conditions
My winter trips have not changed a great deal but I have definately got a few more ideas of where to go and things from snowHead 's . This years very successful summer trip was definately snowHead inspired.
I have been persuade here the even at my relatively decrepit age its worth trying to improve my skiing rather than remaining plateau'd.

There have I must confess been the odd conversation at home along the lines of

Me: mutter mutter mutter quite nice,.... small appartment not too badly priced.
Mrs T Bar: Stop dreaming
Me: A sort of investment really
Mrs T Bar: Yeah right and who's going to keep it maintained?
Me: Would be so nice for the kids as they get older
Mrs T Bar: You always said you don't want to be tied to one place and go where the snow is.
Me: There are some places that are reasonably snow sure.
Mrs T Bar: And who would rent it out?
Me: We could get the odd weekend away and it's lovely in the summer
Mrs T Bar: You've been reading to much snowHeads again rolling eyes
Me: Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
BGA, say hi to Warren, Melody and Rob from me....and have a great time.

Be sure to give us some stoke when you return!
snow report
Pre-snowheads

1 week for each of 2 years

Approx 9-10yr gap

1 week in 1 year

Discovered Snowheads

1 week in 2007 year

Looking forward to possibly 2 weeks next year

I haven't caught the bug as bad as some!
latest report
It's all good for you! Smile

I'm returning from a 4-5 year gap last season. So I'm not the least bit surprised I'm doing a lot more than I did the year before! Wink

Having an internet "community" like Snowhead and Epic is very GOOD for me. I found people to ski with by going to "bashes/gatherings", found good idea of when and where to go, what equipement to try and buy... It saves me from wasting my time and money on things other snowheads/bears had learned in their search.

So I'll be skiing more. I'll buy more gear. I'll be going to places I would never thought of myself without snowheads/epic. I may end up spending more on skiing. But I'll definitely enjoying it a lot more this time around than the last. Isn't that why we LIVE? Wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I joined snowHead 's at the end of the 06 season. It was www.winterhighland.info that got me skiing again after a 10 year break but PSB 06 and EoSB 07 are 2 trips I wouldn't have made if I hadn't joined snowHead 's
I hope to go on all 3 bashes this year plus one other European (or American depending on $$$) trip as well snowHead

No snowHead 's I think 2 weeks aboard would be it
But I may have spent more time on Scottish slopes rolling eyes
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I agree the problem here is the other  snowHead .

They keep writing about skiing, holidays, apartments in the mountains, desirable equipment and the worse ones attach pictures to tempt others into the dark side..

It's outrageous...

Me? I had a twenty year break Puzzled , joined  snowHead  last year went twice last year and have three trips booked for next season already. You lot should be ashamed.... Toofy Grin  Toofy Grin
latest report
cfc5mu0, Laughing Laughing good effort
latest report
Interesting PsOV - I don't feel I've "joined" anything...more become "a part of", which actually feels more inclusive. FWIW - 1 week a year, now planning 4 trips this season snowHead . If this sounds incoherent, blame the "pop".. another side effect of snowHead s
snow report
just checked back on my photo folders (only way I can keep track of the trips Embarassed )

1 week back in 1997
another in 1999
GAP
2 weeks and 2 weekends in 2004
JOINED SNOWHEADS
3 weeks and 2 weekends in 2005
4 weeks and 5 days in 2006
3 weeks (so far) in 2007

5(ish) weeks planned for 07/08 season Embarassed

Now I can't really blame snowHead 's for feeding the addiction, but whoever said 'the best things in life are free' was NOT a skier. snowHead
snow report
AxsMan wrote:
.....whoever said 'the best things in life are free' was NOT a skier. snowHead

Maybe they were, we don't pay for the skiing after all, it's the liftpass/kit/travel/beer that costs Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Pre snow heads 2 weeks a year (if lucky)

Post snow heads, Bought an apartment, learned how to make a website so constantly look at snowheads and now ski 6-8 weeks a year plus indoor time
snow report
FenlandSkier, True, but skiing without liftpass, travel, beer Shocked , (or skis) is pretty difficult in Leicstershire snowHead
latest report
I think one thing that snowHeads has achieved particularly well has been to extend people's ski seasons.

A large proportion of British skiers has always thought that the season lasts from Feb to Early March with the more adventurous 'chancing it' in late Jan or the 3rd week of Mar.
But, with the Pre Season Bash being used as a 'Warm up' at the end of Oct and the End of Season Bash at the end of April as a 'Last Hussah', snowHeads are now working on fitting their skiing into a period of 6 months rather than just 6 weeks. Unsurprisingly, this opens up a few extra options.

Other limits are eased too.
Your normal ski buddy whether spouse, sibling or friend is injured, otherwise occupied or just can't get the same week off as you. What do you do? Well, there's bound to be someone at snowHeads to ski with snowHead
Just can't spare the time for a whole week? There are snowHeads with experience of, not just weekend trips, but even day trips to the Alps.
On the other hand, there's rather a lot of experience to draw on at the other end of the scale too, with people doing seasons or buying their own property. So you just don't sit there for 3 years casually wondering whether it's feasible or where to begin.

Then there are all the added dimensions - trying new skis, skiing with boots that actually fit, exploring new resorts / countries or breaking through a technique barrier whether it be conquering the fear of the red run, first tentative steps off-piste or nailing the fall-line through a mogul field - all these things seem so much more possible when you're surrounded by a community of people who are achieving them too. But you just can't fit all that into 1 week, especially when there are so many snowHeads to hook up with for a beer on the mountian! snowHead
snow report
admin, You entirely forgot the summer! One snowhead is here for the second time this summer, 2 others for their first summer trip. I bet it was this forum that has improved the awareness of summer skiing! Very Happy
snow report
Errr... and biking.
ski holidays
easiski wrote:
admin, You entirely forgot the summer! One snowhead is here for the second time this summer, 2 others for their first summer trip. I bet it was this forum that has improved the awareness of summer skiing! Very Happy

Absolutely. we certainly wouldn't have bothered otherwise.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy