Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for specialman's resort report:

La Plagne (January 2007)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excuse the spelling and grammar mistakes... think I had a few too many bevvies while writing!! Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Specialman has been busy and written another resort report for La Plagne (villages):

La Plagne Villages (March 2007)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hoppo wrote:
Specialman has been busy and written another resort report for La Plagne (villages):

<a href="http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=698226 "target=_blank">La Plagne Villages (March 2007)

Excellent read snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gwaelod, cheers. Wrote it when sleepy so have corrected spelling mistakes. Very Happy

Was bored at work so thought "hey, I haven't talked enough about my last trip!!". Keeps me going until winter hits Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Specialman, Good to see you had such a great time in La Plagne, bit there is still much more there for you to do and then when you buy a Paridiski card (or 1 day extension) there is all of Peissey and Les Arcs to discover. snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
boredsurfin, I know. I certainly tried as hard as my little old heart and legs would allow to do as many runs as I could (especially reds) but the sheer size of the place is too much for a week!

Would love to get over to Les Arcs some time. Been looking at options for a trip to the Three Valleys in Jan but I keep being drawn back to the Les Arcs/La Plagne pages in all the travel brochures - it's calling out to me to try it for a third time!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe I could have two holidays again this year? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Specialman wrote:
boredsurfin, I know. I certainly tried as hard as my little old heart and legs would allow to do as many runs as I could (especially reds) but the sheer size of the place is too much for a week!

Would love to get over to Les Arcs some time. Been looking at options for a trip to the Three Valleys in Jan but I keep being drawn back to the Les Arcs/La Plagne pages in all the travel brochures - it's calling out to me to try it for a third time!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe I could have two holidays again this year? Toofy Grin

We went once on 05/06 to Les Arcs/La Plagne, twice on 06/07 and booked twice for 07/08 snowHead snowHead . Love the area so much am buying a place that will be built for 08/09 in Arc 2000. Keep thinking about going elsewhere but its just so hugeeeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, gwaelod,
Although La Plagne has no new lifts this year lots of piste improvements/reshaping is going on. See http://www.perso-laplagne.fr/News.htm for fuller details.
Best news about Les Arcs is that the Plan Bois lift is being replaced with a new lift. Very Happy Plan Bois is (was) a huge bottleneck due it's age! Confused
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gwaelod wrote:
[Keep thinking about going elsewhere but its just so hugeeeeeeeeeeeee Very Happy Very Happy

It is; I keep discovering new bits that I really enjoy Smile It's also very easy to get to La Plagne, La Rosiere/La Thuile, St Foy, Tignes/Val d'Isere, and even the Trois Vallees is a fairly easy drive. That's a huge range of terrain, on piste and off. The more I ski the area the more I like it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
boredsurfin wrote:
Best news about Les Arcs is that the Plan Bois lift is being replaced with a new lift.

Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin, great pics. I always love seeing resort pics 'out of season', just because they give you an idea of what's under your feet when you're hurtling down the runs when it's all white.

I really am taken with La Plagne and I'll definitely be trying les Arcs at some point. The rest of my group want a change next trip aroun, hence why we're looking at Trois Vallees. I might persuade the missus that we can afford a lete season trip and La Plagne definitely fits the bill for me price-wise and because there's so much to do on the boarding front.

gwaelod, go for it. This coming winter will be my second season on the slopes and I'm already fixated with the possibility of giving it all up in the UK and doing something in France. Think I may even get me and the wife booked into some french lessons at the local college.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy