Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Members websites

Poster: A snowHead
I have to say a recent newcomer to snowHeads, Phil Ingle, has a fine website - lots of nice pictures of snow and some Alp D'Huez bicycling on slush Shocked

http://www.philingle.com/

Any other examples people would like to draw attention to?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think I've seen them before, but the Alaska 2004 shots are well worth looking at. Think this one is my favourite, but I was torn between that and this one.

Much respect, Phil Ingle. Puts my skiing shots -an my skiing - in the shade.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
since moving to Chamonix. I spend most of the winter skiing and most of the summer mountain biking and climbing.

where were the careers Masters with vision when you needed them? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ian Hopkinson, thanks so much for spotting this wonderful site. Superb pictures, every one. Inspiring and frightening and (echoing Alan's last comment) makes my life seem quite pathetic.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Phil Ingle, another star snowHead! Otherwise known as the crazy Welshman who likes to jump off things...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well I quite like the pics on my site, but they are big and you really need broadband to use the site, eventually I hope to rebuild the whole site
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ahem, modesty of course forbids me from pointing out that I had already linked to that site in "Now that's what I call skiing", and Cedric must be given due for pasting an image from Phil Ingle into a post some time ago (although it is a bit on the large side Razz )
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
Any other examples people would like to draw attention to?

My own, of course (see sig)!

I enjoyed Phil's site too as I love good personal sites that give a unique grass roots, non-commercial viewpoint on a topic. I wish more people would produce them. On this topic, I am a bit of a blog evangelist and maybe now is a good time to preach the blogging gospel to snowHeads.

Blogs are personal web sites that use content management software to make them very easy to update and manage, unlike the personal home pages of old that got created in a fit of enthusiasm only to linger and (sadly) never die.

Anyone can set up a blog in about 5 minutes using Google's free blogging software at blogger.com but why would you bother? Blogs are full of posts about what the author had for lunch or the angst ridden love lives of teenagers, right? Wrong.

Blogs, IMHO, work best when they are dedicated to a subject that the author knows and loves. They then become a way of sharing that individual's knowledge and experience or, what is often even better, sheer enthusiasm for their subject.

So, here is my call to action for snowHeads: consider blogging your snow addiction.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
playdreamer, I am an ancient old-timer struggling gamely in the internet world. I have just about got the hang of posting in forums, but have never really understood the Blogging thing. Why would I want to blog if I've got all my skiing mates here in snowheads?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonpim, blogging is a form of self expression or for some "showing off" we would get more of the real you and what your really passionate about. They are a great way of communicating what you want to say to others or provide an information resourse from a more personal point of view without commercial pressures of some sites. I manage a business site and dont have time at the moment to do a personal site but may blog in the future its some thing Ive considered - problem is to many interests rolling eyes
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ok, this is to show those who think one needs to leave all behind to feed a passion, that one, indeed, does not.
This site is not mine, but the site of one of my everyday colleagues.
His and his wife names are spoken with some respect in the community of climbers here in Northern Italy.
During winter time, they enjoy ski-mountaneering (randonnee) to while the time away till climbing season opens again.
Cheers!

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 15-10-04 11:40; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Matteo, you need to use = between url and http
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
D G Orf, sorry, in my haste I forgot that. Thank you DG!

I should have used the preview option.... Embarassed
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Russell wrote:
we would get more of the real you and what your really passionate about ... or provide an information resourse from a more personal point of view

Who on earth would want to know about The Real Me??
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Jonpim, is it scary,
ski holidays
It's (intentionally) short on pictures compared to some, but hopefully useful; just added Ski Resorts to j2ski.com - comments / requests welcome cos theres lots to come...

Anyone taken a wireless PDA to the mountains? Or is blogging from a chairlift just toooo sad and techy...

Puzzled
latest report
Jonpim, I realise blogging is not for everyone and I am certainly not advocating it as an alternative to participating in community sites like this one. I just think a lot of snowHeads might have a good blog in them and am trying to encourage people to think about doing it.

J2Dave, its hard to resist the temptation to blog from the slopes and grig your pals back home (especially with a camera phone)! Nice site by the way.

To get the thread back on topic I have done a trawl through the member list and come up with some more sites that I like in addition to those already mentioned. My focus is on the personal ones.

fridge - Tim Miller's 2004 Season Homepage
bonfire - Bonfire's Fotolog (browse the archive to find the snowy pics)
SnowJunkie - Alvance ski trip journals
snowant - Snowant.com
clareg - Les Familles Saisonnières
D G Orf - Davids Jungfrau Region Web Site (referred to above but not actually linked)

This one is not a personal site (so it may not belong to the snowHead concerned) but it was new to me and I like it:
Schmear - Aspect Journal
snow report
playdreamer wrote:
.....This one is not a personal site (so it may not belong to the snowHead concerned) but it was new to me and I like it:
Schmear - Aspect Journal

Gosh. On the forum, they're talking about what season passes they'll be buying each this season
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy