Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Total Easyjet Incompetence

Poster: A snowHead
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Please see this email received from easyjet recently. I have left the name on as I hope they are totally embarrassed. Its excellent customer service dont you think ????

Dear Mr Mug on Forehead

Thank you for your e-mail.

In response to your enquiry about the route Newcastle to Geneva, I can confirm that easyJet is not planning to operate this route during the winter season.

I would suggest that you register for easyJet e-mail updates on the easyJet web site. As well as advising of forthcoming promotions, this will also give advance notice of the schedule release dates and information on exclusive Internet fare discounts.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us Mr Mason. If you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again via the contact us section of the easyJet web site.

Yours sincerely

Mr Made up name at EJ
Customer Services Representative

Flights are now available from Newcastle to Geneva - what a xxxxxxxx !

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 29-07-07 16:20; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I do hope you're taking him up on his offer to "please do not hesitate to contact us again" to thank him for the advice rolling eyes Shocked
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They'll say anything just to shut people up
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Flip it on to Sean Newsom as he obviously has contacts there in the press office as an example of the way they are p££ing off their winter client base.

For the record my experience of the so-called big boys customer service is even less impressive - still waiting resolution of a problem I had with a flight in March as it is impossible to get continuity of customer servce monkeys to address the issue who think sending a fob off email closes the matter.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Smokin Joe, ridiculous. I was surprised as I received an email saying exactly the opposite, can't find it in my inbox now though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Smokin Joe wrote:
Flights are now available from Newcastle to Geneva - what a tosser !

LOL, as with all these companies a phrase involving the words "*rse", "from" and "elbow" comes to mind!

Enjoy your flight Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hello, I'm new. Been lurking for ages but can't pass this one by. Smokin Joe, I doubt that George Chatzikos went to work that morning aiming to deliberately mislead you or to be publically called a tosser. I expect that Mason Airways would be just amazing. Can't wait to fly you and see how you handle things.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TomazH, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead Nice to have 1 less Lurker. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
TomazH bit harse don't you think?
"George" if its even a real name could simply have said that he didn't know or that the orange one's plans were not decided at present but to positively confirm that they were not planning to run the route suggests he was just blagging it and/or sufficiently low down the food chain as to be given no accurate information.

At the very least negotiations over slots at the airports must actively have been in progress even if there was uncertainty.

D you think lying to propspective customers is a good way to run a business?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I agree with TomazH on this.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
TomazH, I spent weeks trying to find anyone in American Airlines who knew when they were going to release Winter schedule details and timings and when it would be known if a seasonal route was running this year. No joy. This is incredibly annoying when it happens. All one is looking for is a statement which says, "yes", "no", or "we won't know until such and such a date".
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't get this, so you got an E-Mail from a CS Rep, he was wrong, but you have got what you want, Flights from Newcastle to Geneva. What's your problem? Puzzled
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
TomazH wrote:
hello, I'm new. Been lurking for ages but can't pass this one by. Smokin Joe, I doubt that George Chatzikos went to work that morning aiming to deliberately mislead you or to be publically called a tosser. I expect that Mason Airways would be just amazing. Can't wait to fly you and see how you handle things.

A few faults in your statement - where did you get Mason from ? My name is Smokin Joe NehNeh

I would have hoped that George would have checked facts before replying. I reckon his email has cost me at least £100 in extra charges, car parking and diesel to get to Leeds Bradford !

I would ensure that Mason Airways customer service staff had their facts, especially something as easy (get the pun) as "Will there be a flight from A to B ? "

What would you do if you were £100 out of pocket then TomazH - send them a thank you letter?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
I don't get this, so you got an E-Mail from a CS Rep, he was wrong, but you have got what you want, Flights from Newcastle to Geneva. What's your problem? Puzzled

See above ! I was notified no flights from Newcastle so I booked elsewhere - about 90 miles away elsewhere and had to book £40 worth of car parking etc !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe, I agree with you. If he didn't know he should have said so, and simply put out the standard 'winter flights will be released over the next few weeks, blaa, blaa. The lack of a flight in October means similar inconvenience for me, as has the lack of flights over the summer. Financial too, as prospective guests to the apartment decided not to book due to the lack of a flight from NCL. Yes , you may have got what you wanted, but too late.
ski holidays
hyweljenkins wrote:
I agree with TomazH on this.

I dont ! I agree with Stoatsbrother
latest report
Smokin Joe, Ok, now i get the picture, perhaps you could have explained this better. I'd take this up with Easyjet, they should offer to compensate you. Little Angel
snow report
Smokin Joe, maybe at the time they were not planning this route, maybe a slot opened up that they could service, and decided to take it. They seem to have added a few new routes and they needed to see which ones would actually materialise, and perhaps they went for this one because arrangements for a different route fell through. I think it is harsh calling the guy a tosser when you probably do not have all the facts. Winter schedules seem very 'fluid' and change a lot, and services available last year are not necessarily available this year, so airlines do not necessarily know all of the routes that they actually end up taking.

maybe the guy just told you what he was told, slag off easyjet not the staff

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Sat 28-07-07 10:10; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Smokin Joe,
Quote:

A few faults in your statement - where did you get Mason from ? My name is Smokin Joe
errrr... it said Dear Mr Mason

George was probably looking at information served up to him on a screen by some other dept. Im delighted that he did mislead you but Im certain it wouldnt have been his fault and therefore shouldnt needlessly be called a tosser or "outed" in public. You can call me a tosser if you like (what a welcome!) but Im at least £100 better off than you so I dont care.

Mason Airways runs on diesel by the sounds of it so I'll pass thanks.
ski holidays
This thread is hilarious. I suspect that the CS rep asked around his colleagues near his cubicle and gave you an honest answer. It's perfectly possible that, at the time your query was answered, only those in the higher EasyJet echelons knew of the route announcement.

Talk about an over-reaction - it's hardly "total incompetence".
latest report
hyweljenkins, Smokin Joe was clearly attempting to nab the lowest possible priced seat and came unstuck... welcome to no frills. If we all worried about the odd hundred quid here or there we would have to retire from the sport.
snow report
TomazH, Firstly, welcome to snowHead ( looks like you're going to get a warmer welcome than most !! ) wink

'Served up by some other department' - you must know how 'weak' that sounds as an excuse !

I'm assuming you work for the same mob (??) -- in which case you may be interested as a point of learning that EZ's 'selling' of routes and timings that it hasn't either the approved slot and/or agreed the schedule to operate is a tad of a 'bete-noire' on here. If you check back on last year's PSB ( iirc) you will see that many were inconvenienced and out of pocket due to this practice.

Anyways, having made an error of that magnitude, I'm sure the CS-agent will go into overdrive to ensure good 'service recovery' and make sure that Mr Joe is recompensed for the 'organisation's' error.
snow report
Agenterre, And what would you know about the airline business, hey? Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
Agenterre, You assume I work for an airline just because I take the opposite view? Thats weird.

My problem with Smokin Joe is that he has singled out an individual rather than taking on the airline itself.

Im well aware of probs with low cost airlines and I have no sympathy with anyone. A decade ago you had a choice of an expensive scheduled or an inflexible chartered (especially from up here). Now it is way cheaper and the consumer has choice. There are a few probs but it is better than before. Easyjet and the like have driven down the cost of flying BA, Lufthansa, Swiss etc and we have them to thank for that.

Im sure youd run an incredible airline.
snow report
Agenterre, it was, indeed, and error of enormous magnitude. I very much doubt that a mistake of that size has ever been made before, and will certainly never be made again. It's the end of the world as we know.
ski holidays
TomazH, No,not 'wird', others have taken the opposite view like hyweljenkins, . I did put question marks after my assumption , but the nature of 'them not us' is very 'airline' and your 'certainty that it was not his fault' led me to that conclusion. Apologies if I was wrong !

Quote:
Im sure youd run an incredible airline.

Been there , done that, tick in the box .. how observant of you wink
latest report
Agenterre, BA, an airline, pah! Laughing
snow report
hyweljenkins wrote:
Agenterre, it was, indeed, and error of enormous magnitude. I very much doubt that a mistake of that size has ever been made before, and will certainly never be made again. It's the end of the world as we know.

Your normal sarcasm is noted.

It is a 'big error' , one of the few things that airlines get right routinely is knowing when and where they fly. Not necessarily an individual error ( as noted above) but I bet you most EZ staff could correctly roll off actual and planned destinations without pausing for breath.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
TomazH, Calm down calm down ....it's only the interweb Sad

PS. Probably not a good idea to make your first post on snowHeads an attack on someone.
We often liken snowHeads conversations to a pub.
You have just walked in sipped on drink and then laid into one of the regulars.
See ya!

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 28-07-07 11:38; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
TomazH, You can ignore the cranky old bloke in the corner, it would appear life's been hard for him. Buy him a barley wine and pour it in his Stella, he'll be offering you a 'Toot' on his snuff in no time.
P.S. Welcome, this bar could do with some new faces. Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, It is only an Internet forum as you correctly point out. This is exactly why it is OK to argue with someone (attack is a bit strong). If its a pub you must be that grumpy old fart in the corner with his special pewter jug and reserved bar stool.

Quote:

Probably not a good idea
Oh no, am I in big trouble?
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Artside pal Toofy Grin
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thank you. Please protect me from those nasty locals.
latest report
TomazH, No, I'm the chap that hands out sensible advice.
latest report
TomazH, and I suppose you are a monoskier as well Laughing
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
TomazH, and I suppose you are a monoskier as well Laughing
Crikey people do a lot of supposing in this "pub" - now Im a monoskiing Easyjet employee. News to me.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sat 28-07-07 11:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
TomazH,
BIG difference between boarders and monoskiers.

My that was a timely edit.
snow conditions
boredsurfin, how come you can edit and it not say that the post has been edited?

I'm beginning to think that this is a monumentally petty forum. Maybe Snowclique would be a better name for it.
ski holidays
TomazH, Nothing clever just working at a faster speed than your ISP.
snowclique, yep, I thought that about the SCGB forum as well.
ski holidays
TomazH, Hold tight pal.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy