Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Telluride: Impeachment call cancels ski trips

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
TELLURIDE - A backlash quickly emerged after the Telluride Town Council adopted a resolution last week calling for the impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.

“It’s huge, unbelievable,” said Telluride Mayor John Pryor. “Ski groups are canceling for the winter. Hundreds of people are bailing. The (town) Web site is flooded with people saying they’re canceling their vacations here.”

Pryor called it a “silly initiative.” The council, he told The Telluride Watch, is too busy to weigh in on national global politics.

If this was a silly initiative, why did he vote for it? The answer would seem to lie in the fact that the council routinely adopts resolutions, on matters both big and small, with nary a further word. Further, such a resolution would be hardly controversial in Telluride, where only 17 percent of voters in the 2004 election cast ballots for Bush.

http://www.vaildaily.com/article/20070725/NEWS/70725008
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kerekip, it would make me more likely to go there.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not necessarily a smart move in a town where rich second homers and Texans go for vacations though wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great Town.

1st visit back in early 80's. Had some unforgettable season there including the biggest dump of alltime Very Happy

Depsite all the development & the loss of the old hippy's, I still like the place.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well like Swirly I'd certainly be more likely to go there given their stance but I can't see how a town council could have much leverage on the US government.

It's a funny old place the USA, everything seems to get politicised and polarised, even it would seem skiing!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swirly, me too... This could be a great year to go there - but booked elsewhere...

Some Americans seem to have brilliant senses of humour and finely tuned irony - eg The Onion, Jon Stewart etc, but the fox-news-lovers really can be a bit silly. Remember what happened to the Dixie Chicks?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy