Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow & Rock catalogue is out

Poster: A snowHead
For those people who take it as another sign that winter is approaching fast, the winter Snow & Rock catalogue is now out. I picked one up in their Chertsey branch today - looks much like last years, except no doubt the prices are slightly higher!

Regards

Rob
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rob@rar.org.uk, are there any nice spreads of greetings cards therein?

[Snow+Rock, for those who've not been following developments, was bought by a greetings card publisher a few months ago]
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'll be down there to get one and drool over the kit then
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't go making a special trip to the Sheffield store just to pick up a catalogue ... I happened to be there yesterday and was told they would be another week.

Best to call ahead just to save a wasted trip.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It takes a week to get catalogues from Surrey to Sheffield? Surely not!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I think you can order one online at

https://www.snowandrock.com/ssl/catalogue.asp

no idea when it will turn up though as it mentions both the Winter Outdoor and Pure Winter as "pre-order / out September"
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bootneck wrote:
I'll be down there to get one and drool over the kit then

Really? Shock Smile

I've found that Snow and Rocks clothing hasn't changed much over the last few years. In fact, don't you find that when you go skiing, you can pick out the British a mile off because they're all wearing the same 'Snow and Rock' colours? It's been pale blue/turquoise for girls for several years now.

I protested and bought a bright red jacket from Canada so I didn't stand out like a sore thumb.

No silly remarks about my previous sentence please!!!! Laughing Laughing Blush
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowy wrote:

I protested and bought a bright red jacket from Canada so I didn't stand out like a sore thumb.

No silly remarks about my previous sentence please!!!!

Did it come with a white beard?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Goldsmith wrote:

Did it come with a white beard?

I said,
No silly remarks about my previous sentence please!!!! rolling eyes NehNeh

Some people. *tsk!* Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No sentence is a laughing matter. Was it community service or a 2-year stretch? Was it for style offences?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
scream wrote:
Was it for style offences?

Offences for being too stylish - yes. Everyone else on the slopes was jealous of red jacket. I could see it in their eyes. Laughing

However, this coming season I'm going to adopt a small backpack to put my packed lunch in since I've decided I can't afford a whole season's worth of bought lunches. This might ruin the style of my jacket so I might have to go wild and buy a new one. Wink Smile

I'm waiting for the Snow and Rock catalogue to come out so I know what colours to avoid so I don't stand out as an obvious Brit and look a bit cooler. Cool Pinky Blue

I will avoid white jackets though in case I fall down a tree well and no one can find me (in which case the packed lunch might come in handy while I wait to be rescued!) snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowy, I dug out my old red SOS jacket last winter - so cool I almost got frostbite. Skullie I was also nicknamed Eh oh! Red Leader Eh oh! by my group, so its back to the Sun Valley Eurogrunge next year (Black and taupe, whatever you understand by that) Shocked
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Happened to go to Snow and Rock Sheffield today they have got the new catalogue in stock now
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Russell, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

So that's where I was going wrong Confused I thought lemon was the in colour last year Wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I will avoid white jackets though in case I fall down a tree well and no one can find me (in which case the packed lunch might come in handy while I wait to be rescued!)

I thought that the problem with tree wells was that you finished upside down and it is very difficult to release your ski bindings. Maybe brightly coloured skis and the packed lunch in an anorak front pocket might be more important or even one of those aerosol foghorns.
snow conditions
Martin Nicholas,

What colour is taupe????????
snow report
Taupe (or something similar) is the French for 'mole', so it is mole coloured...I can't change the colour of my jacket, because Mrs H will no longer recognise me Shocked
ski holidays
Whats wrong with red anyway all the best Ferraris are red - still it doesnt make me ski any faster
ski holidays
Welcome to snowHeads, Russell snowHead

I'm rather fond of my red coat...
snow report
Thanks for the welcome everyone and for the record I love my red coat, Ill always ski in a bright colour after being buried in a small snow fall and people could see my coat and pulled me out. so there is nothing wrong with red.
ski holidays
I didn't order one and don't remember filling anything out, but the new Snow & Rock catalogue came through the post today. Fantastic pictures in there!! snowHead
snow report
Dan, I got mine last Friday, but in my case it's because I'm on their database having purchased stuff from them previously snowHead
snow report
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Snowy, I dug out my old red SOS jacket last winter - so cool I almost got frostbite. Skullie I was also nicknamed Eh oh! Red Leader Eh oh! by my group, so its back to the Sun Valley Eurogrunge next year (Black and taupe, whatever you understand by that) Shocked

Black and taupe? My other half dresses in black and taupe and I often mistake him for a tree and ski straight past him. Very Happy

Our S+R catalogue arrived thru the post too. I'm waiting for Ellis Brigham's Whitebook now. They were quite late bringing it out last year weren't they??

We went to EB last Saturday and I don't think they'd got all their new stock in yet. However, also last Saturday we went to S+R in Hemel Hempstead (which was deserted). They appearred to have all their new gear in though.

For some reason I'm always drawn towards the boxes of special synthetic base layers (fancy name for underwear I think). Why on earth do they always cost so much?! It must be the price of the fancy packaging that makes me want to look at them!! Very Happy
ski holidays
Marks and Spensers have just lauched some synthetic base layers £20.00 an item cheapest Ive seen. They claim to perform wicking moisture away from the skin etc.
Might try some this year.
ski holidays
I've just bought a few from here at £19.99

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/default.asp?ReferID=stworld

they arrived today and look very nice - yet to try them on tho'.
ski holidays
So my jacket (officially ice blue but not from Snow and Rock) may actually be in the minority as its being boycotted!
ski holidays
I ordered a S&R catalogue last week and one came on Monday. Then another one came yesterday rolling eyes . No sign of the Ellis Brigham one that I ordered at the same time.
ski holidays
Russell,

I bought some wicking T shirts (Peter Storm) from Millets for two for £25. Used them in Saas Fee in the July sun & they worked great. Not as stylish as the top brands but as they're covered up most of the time it doesn't really matter.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon

Thanks at £25.00 a pair got to be worth trying
latest report
Russell wrote:
Marks and Spensers have just lauched some synthetic base layers £20.00 an item cheapest Ive seen. They claim to perform wicking moisture away from the skin etc.
Might try some this year.

M&S were very good in the past. They had different grades of thermal wear too for when it's a bit chilly out there and seating is the last thing you're going to do.

Oh and hayley t, I'm the only brit who seems to be boycotting pale blue ski jackets. However, pale blue'll probably suit you much better than me. I'm too pale. The red of my jacket relects up and makes me look like there's actually blood flowing through my system. Wink Skullie

Looking 'British' might be becoming popular now with Seth Pistol skis having union jacks on their bases (only good for going up lifts or if you're a great aerobatic skier like me....!!!!). Wink Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Yes those new seth pistol ski's do look good bring back eddie the eagle and strap him to a set of them at least he'll look good before he crashes
latest report
Oh well Snowy, I'll just have to buy a new one! Shame Wink
snow report
I can vouch for M&S wicking vest / T shirt. I use them for biking in 40 C and unlike when I used cotton Ts, I no longer finish the rides looking like a wet Tee shirt contest. Not a pretty sight. With any 'clever' fabrics do take care to observe the washing instructions. Fabric conditioners can block the micropores or fibre tunnels or whatever. Tumble drying is also often a No No. Don't understand why ?
latest report
heat from tumble drying can 'melt' the fibres - not to a visible amount, but enough to stop them performing as they should...
snow report
If anybody is close to Bicester Village then the Helly Hansen outlet store there is selling base layers for £9.99. I regretted not buying more than 2 when I got home.
snow report
Thier website now has the new gear on it too. Seems like their new product selector has a few bugs though - unless they've reduced the ski option to the Salomon 1080 mogul, as it didn't bring up any other ski for me. Smile
latest report
I've noticed Ellis Brigham have just updated their website with new season stock too.....which is something to happily waste my time looking at while at work, dreaming of skiing. Little Angel
snow report
The Peter Storm (Millets, mentioned above) tops are good - I have a couple too. The long-pants sold alongside them aren't up to scratch, the waistband elastic is too narrow and digs in after a short while.

Lowe-Alpine Dri-flo stuff is excellent, but more expensive. I wear the collarless tops under a shirt for work when it's cold ! However, the washing instructions are on a label sewn inside left, hard material and uncomfortable. Not a problem, I simply cut them off.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy