Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Australia: best season's start since 2000?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:
Next weekend's opening to the ski season is shaping up as the best since 2000 with a strong cold change bringing 30cm of snow in the Victorian Alps this week.
"A snowy start to winter is looking positive and our snowmakers are maximising the first `snowmaking window'," Mr Schryver said.

"There's another snow-bearing low heading our way providing the possibility even more snow will blanket the resort."

The locals reckon there's every chance the season's start could be akin to that of 2000 when there was a good snowfall at the end of May followed by an exceptional snow season.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/National/Victorian-Alps-get-30cm-of-snow/2007/06/01/1180205501021.html
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Almost as much snow as what fell for the whole season last year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If true, this is great news for Oz. They have had a brutal drought for years.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yep, it's dumping in Victoria and New Soth Wales. All mainland ski resorts have metres of snow and all lifts are running. By contrast the two small resorts in Tasmania don't have much snow.

Here is a photo of the six lane motorway between Melbourne (sea level, population 4 million) and Ballarat (low hills, population 100,000) this morning. Neither city is famous for snowfalls.

latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mount Baw Baw
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I ahve been skiing in Perisher and am going back. This is the first time I have skied in Oz, and everybody had been talking it down. I have therefore been very lucky to be here for the best season for many years.

This is very good news for Europe. My wife (an Aussie) has followed the Oz and Europe ski seasons for about 25 years and is totally convinced there is a direct correlation between conditions in Oz and conditions in Europe the following season. Why this should be so, I have no idea, but she is totally convinced that next season will be a big one in Europe!!!

Skiing in Oz is weird! First thing is that there are t-bars everywhere and the locals like them. Then, you ski amongst trees that are unlike any European ones. Snow Gums keep their leaves throughout winter and have low branches to take your head off. In amny ways it's like skiing in Europe 20 years ago, but regrettably with boards still present. It also strikes me that Aussies are obsessed with bumps skiing. In the inter-schools championships, even my 5 year old enters bumps!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy