Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canada

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm planning a 15 day trip for myself and a pal around feb/march time. The general plan is to fly into Calgary, spend a week in Kicking Horse and then take a day off to drive to Whistler for a week and then eventually fly back via Vancouver.

I've never been to Canada before so i'd be interested to hear from any experts whether this is feasible or should i be concentrating on the one resort. All opinions welcome.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A sensible plan.

I'm sure others will offer variations to your basic theme if you like to do more than just skiing.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="abc"]...if you like to do more than just skiing.[/quote

Please explain??? Puzzled
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sight-seeing?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Why take a day off, slacker? wink You could stop in Vernon for Silver Star en route and get a day's skiing in between the 2 (caveat be prepared to drive Roger's pass & Coquilla in the dark in a blizzrd if you do this - that wa sthe story of our last trip wink )
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob wrote:
Why take a day off, slacker? wink You could stop in Vernon for Silver Star en route and get a day's skiing in between the 2 (caveat be prepared to drive Roger's pass & Coquilla in the dark in a blizzrd if you do this - that wa sthe story of our last trip wink )

dead right, or simply just book Whistler, hire a car and follow the snow from Calgary to Whistler for a week. Making it up as you go along is much more fun, easy and leads to more pow. Everywhere in the BC interior is basically deserted midweek, and accommodation is cheap and plentiful if you're flexible. You should also look up the new Revelstoke development - won't be far from KH and on you're way to Whistler if you go over Rogers Pass
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys some good suggestions
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Have you thought of Fernie and Whistler rather than Kicking Horse?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
From what i've heard the terrain at Kicking Horse is too good to be missed.... i don't know much about Fernie.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Beakyshark, site has some notes on what we did the other year
http://www.geocities.com/daggers_jones/skicanada2006/index.html

Vancouver is worth a couple of days to check out some of the sites (Stanley Park etc)
Driving that time of year may not be easy if the weather turns so be aware of that and if you go with a car get winter tyres and chains.
also you won't need a car in whistler, so might want to get a tranfer rather than spend on hiring a car that you won't need.

maybe do ski resort 1 (whether you decided) then transfer to Vancouver for a day or two and then transfer up to Whistler
have you thought about flights from Calgary to Vancouver, quicker and probably less stressful than driving Puzzled
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
KH is good, but unless you are getting fresh falls of powder every day - 1 week is too long. Both the base area and the nearby town (Golden) are poorly developed compared with most European resorts.

If I had to fix days rather than follow the snow I might look at doing 2-3 days in Lake Louise, 2 days in KH, perhaps some time at Fernie or a couple of days heli from revelstoke or somewhere, and then 4-5 days at Whistler (if the conditions and weather looks good - can be very wonderful or very wet).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
But if it were me, I'll do Whistler first, then move into the interior.

The reason is, after a week in a quiet, layback places like KH or Fernie, you may come to HATE the crowd of Whistler. It may not be as bad as half term in Europe, it's definitely more crowded than the interior. You'll be surprised how your prospecitve changes. I much rather end it in the interior.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Beakyshark, abc, has a point, the crowds can get a bit much at times
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
abc, Very good points. Calgary is also quite a nice airport to finish in.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy