Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Statement on BASI delivering UK coaching and instructing education progamme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Posted on the BASI website 11 July
===============

As there is some confusion at the moment I felt it necessary to clarify the situation regarding BASI now delivering the whole programme of Instructor Education for the UK including the courses within the UK on dry slopes and indoor snow centres and also taking on the Coach Education for Competitive Coaching.

Following the Modernisation process it was very clear that everybody involved believed that the best solution for the future of Snowsport within the UK involved the development of single UK Coaching and Instructing Education scheme and that BASI was able to develop this.
It was also clear that BASI was considered the organisation most able to administer the scheme. On this basis BASI felt that the best way forwards was to get on and do this which we are doing and at the same time we have been in negotiations with Snowsport England and Snowsport Scotland. BASI’s intention is to work towards a mutually supportive relationship with each governing body, one of the difficulties is that each of the existing governing bodies has a different structure both financially and organisationally which is adding complexity to the final solution.

BASI has already committed to supporting Snowsport GB by paying for British Team Coach, in return Snowsport GB will be providing up to 20 weeks of Snowsport GB Coaches time towards development of BASI Trainers and Product development. In March BASI advised Snowsport Scotland that BASI would be delivering courses to replace the ASSI and ASBI courses in the summer of 2007 and would be taking on the education programme for Competitive coaching.
Following a number of meetings BASI and Snowsport Scotland have almost finalised a mutually supportive agreement and Snowsport Scotland have agreed that BASI should deliver their ASSI/ASBI and Competitive Coaching Modules from now on. In March Snowsport England approached BASI with a view to making an agreement for BASI to administer their Instructing and Coaching Scheme. It was made clear at that time by BASI, that BASI would be delivering courses to replace the ASSI and ASBI during the summer of 2007, which we are doing, we also made it clear that BASI would be interested in forming a mutually supportive agreement with Snowsport England and Snowsport England’s representatives agreed that this would be the best way forwards.
Negotiations are ongoing and we expect an agreement to be in place in the near future. Once we have clarified agreements with Snowsport Scotland and/or England BASI will initiate discussions with Snowsport Wales.

BASI has now put in place a programme of courses replacing the ASSI and ASBI and delivered the first course last week. BASI will be running Level 1 and Level 2 Coaching courses from this Autumn onwards.
This is a time of transition and change, BASI is collaborating with all of the Governing bodies in order to find the best solutions and provide the best service. One of BASI’s remits is improve quality control and product development and we already organising Tutor training and Improving the Course resources.

I would like to thank Snowsport GB in Particular for their work in helping us to find collaborative solutions

Peter Kuwall
Chief Executive
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skimottaret, looking at the SSE web site the chief executives job is up for grabs! Also the chief executive of SSS is leaving. Do you think they can see the writing on the wall?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
elbrus, Interesting, perhaps some real consolidation is now starting to take place...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SSE maybe have realised that BASI weren't just threatening to set up an ASSI alternative, they've done it and the proverbial has hit the fan.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spyderman, I really think that SSE thought it wouldnt happen! It was an idea last autumn ( from BASI), now its up and running and has already ran about 5 courses.

The problem with SSE is they just dont move. Its a shame because in the 90s the SSE scheme have massive credibility. the SSE coach award was looked at with respect.

The 95 Interski team in Japan consisted of mainly SSE coaches ( BASI grade 1s also of course)

Andy Lockerbie
Phil Smith
John Arnold
Sally Chapman
Alex Leaf

All SSE coaches!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
elbrus, I don't think it's BASI's intention to bankrupt SSE, although they could. From what I've gleaned BASI wishes to support SSE because of their club coaching and racing development and support, something BASI doesn't have.
I agree with you, it's a case of sticking their heads in the sand and hoping things will go away.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
elbrus,
Quote:

Andy Lockerbie
Phil Smith
John Arnold
Sally Chapman
Alex Leaf

All SSE coaches!

Which one are you? wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Spyderman wrote:
elbrus, ... Which one are you? wink

elbrus on 21 Jun wrote:
Spyderman, I was an SSE ASSI but left SSE as felt let down by them. Wanted to do the coaches award (ADC) hence interest in IVSI. Now looking at doing the BASI L1. Put BASI L1 in google on Sat and found this forum! Glad I did.
When at Wycombe skied alot with AL now of Manchester and had training from PSG also.

He does seem to know a heck of a lot more than would be expected from a humble ex-ASSI though Wink Laughing .

Fish?.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
GrahamN, I am Elbrus.....the big one!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
elbrus,
Quote:

I am Elbrus.....the big one!

The big what? Puzzled Confused
ski holidays
 monster77
monster77
Elbrus told me he was the Big One too Puzzled To by sure he is deffinately hiding something. Maybe a a past that does not want to be dragged up Toofy Grin
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
monster77, Your definitely right there. Got more skeletons in my closet that a grave yard!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
elbrus, go on give us a hint who you are......
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy