Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Years Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Have to organise a trip for New Years - we're talking about 15 people, all different standards. Need somewhere that caters for all and that has lively apres ski. Any ideas??? Was thinking of Austria in particular and fancy trying to rent a catered chalet - again any advise (websites, resorts, etc) would be appreciated.

Cheers
D
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
donal666, welcome to snowHead!

Best Apres will be found in St Anton. You might want to consider Saalbach, but because it's not too high, they sometimes don't have much snow at New Year. I haven't skiied in Austria in maybe 3-4 years, but there should be others along soon with more recent experience.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
donal666, i'd say you need to book somewhere asap. I have a friend who's been tring to find a place for New Year in Bad Gastein for 10 people and most places are already booked.

Kersh
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
donal666, welcome to snowHead!

Best Apres will be found in St Anton.

Good but over rated compared to Ischgl,Solden & Saalbach.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton nightlife is frightfully downmarket.

Saalbach is busy but unsophisticated.

Ischgl is your best bet. Still a bit pikey, but not as bad as the other two.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Hinterglemm of Saalbach is the liveliest place I have seen for a new year. It is at the end of the Saalbach Valley.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at us in Morzine - trying not to punt too much but we can meet most of your criteria. PM me for further details.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
donal666, Your numbers of 15 don't quite suit my apartments (and we aren't necessarily catered either - although we can arrange). But you might want to consider Chamonix...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you fancy somewhere a bit different, the Sneekarheutte in Mayrhofen is ahoot for a few nights, half board at the top of the hill. But it's one big dorm which may not suit your group. Champagne breakfast and off you go tho, can't beat it.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I went to Zell am See last new year and it was absoloutly Bangin'. Massive new years party in the village square, fireworks, people, live music / DJ etc etc. Loads of people but no trouble.

The hotel we stayed at (St Georg) had a new years gala dinner which was lovely (with the exception of what I thought was grated Parmesan which I liberally sprinkled all over my salad and cooked meats, only to discover it was raw grated horseradish, I swear it was like having my lungs dry cleaned, I can still taste it now!).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy