Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

getting a stiffy (board that is..)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ok so what's the scoop

bougth a burton charger (IIRC) 161cm of ebay a couple of year back which seemed pretty sweet but I always had issues keeping up with my mates - might just be cos I'm a wuss..but.. I'm a big lad (95 kilos) and a mate reckoned that a stiffer board would be a good thing for me. Not really into freestyle more piste/offpiste riding but want something new this winter, don't need wide style as haven't got big feet.

Is their value in getting a bit stiffer? or is that just a load of old tosh. Any recommendations on models etc?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bertie bassett, ya want stiff? Go Bataleon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bertie bassett, 95kg = 14st roughly?

That's a bit heavier than me. I have a 166 that's medium flex and it's well rapid on and off piste. Just got a 157 that's so much easier to ride, but maybe not so quick - haven't had a go on a long run with it yet. Tried a mate's GNU 157 though last trip we did, and it was so much more manoueverable, but not as quick.

My long board isn't overly stiff, as it's the way I like it to soak up bumps and such.

Definitely have a look at GNU Carbon High Beams though - well good boards and dead cheap for what they are. If you can't find one, look at a GNU Danny Kass like this: http://shop.sierrasnowboard.com/browse.cfm/4,1266.htm
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
bertie bassett, have you looked into the Ride Timeless? Classic stiff board, incredible off piste and in powder, and goes like stink. At the speed when my smaller board starts to chatter a bit - that's the speed the Timeless gets to be worth riding! No chatter, super stable, never washes out. nnnnneeeow! Very Happy After six happy years with the ole faithful, I'm thinking of treating myself to a new one this year! It will be honourably retired as a boot shelf I think.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have a 2003 Ride Timeless and I only really realised how good it is when I bought a 2006 Nitro Suprateam Lukas Huffman. I wanted to have a bit more fun, try and ride some switch more (which I never end up doing by the way rolling eyes ). The Nitro handles really well as its still relatively stiff as its a genuine all rounder. However when it comes to rock solid stability at speed it cant touch the Timeless. Its an awesome piste board and pretty good off piste. The 2003 model was the stiffest and its stiff nose was not perfect for powder days. In later models they have addressed that issue by easing the flex a tad. Sometimes when ur tired/hungover you want something a bit noodly though.

I think Ride call it the TMS now but checking out the current website I am not sure wether the Timeless is still current or not.

I'd think twice before retiring the Timeless though! Cool

Bertie, as 95 kilos is bout 15st I would recommend a stiff 163-166 deck for you based upon what you have said.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Fico wrote:

Bertie, as 95 kilos is bout 15st I would recommend a stiff 163-166 deck for you based upon what you have said.

Cheers, and to everyone else who provided input..

I'll start looking on ebay...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you fancy flogging the charger give me a shout. I'm after a 161 to cut for my splitboard kit.-Chhers Rob
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
futurecut, Just out of interest, where did you get your splitboard kit from? I've got a Option Freeplus 174 that I've been dying to cut in half!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another shout for the Timeless - It's the dogs and nothing I have ridden can beat it... good luck with your buy!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Robbof, I will try one at the snowbaord Mondial at L2A on the 28th of this month Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have a salomon Fastback 161, it does what it says on the tin, goes like a rocket, pretty stiff but has enough to keep the feel when carving hard. Mad No chatter and super slick transfer in the completion and initiation phase of a strong edge carve. This board rocks. Im not sure if it is still on salomon's new board list but keep your eyes peeled if there are any in good condition on E-Bay etc - you could find yourelf in love with a cheap girl. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
hasn't the timeless been phased out, in name anyway?? I thought this season it was being replaced............seem to remember a chat with a guy at TMS end of last season. Timeless would get my vote.

Masque, have you ridden a Bataleon - I love the idea, the physics and being a bit different.............just gotta have confidence to go for it though, tried to find one to demo last year in Tignes/Val D'Ispere but no luck........what did you think if you have?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
what you want is the GNU TEMPLE CUMMINS "BILLY GOAT" ALLMTN FREERIDE SLAYER" JUST GOT MINE- 162CM THEY ALSO MAKE A 159-166 I THINK
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy