Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Phat luvs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to buy Mrs Chris some powder skis and Phat Luvs seem to have the right spec. Does anyone know if they are meant to be skied short? The longest I can find are 174's. Her 'all mountain' skis are 170 and I thought 6-8 cms longer would be about right for powder. She's 54kgs and 5'5" tall.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mrs Chris sounds as light as a feather. I'm 65kg and 5'5" and ski 160cm Rossi B3's quite happily in the powder without sinking.

Mind you, I did borrow some 160cm B4 squads when we went cat skiing last year. The powder was a good 2 foot deep though, which is unusual, admittedly.

Longer skis = heavier and less mobile both in airports and around moguls. Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
chris, are her "all mountain" skis old straight ones?
I would have thought that around 160cm for the phat luvs would have been about right.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
chris, Mrs Ski has 170s... she's a bit taller and a bit heavier.....They work fine. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[quote="ski"]chris, Mrs Ski has 170s... she's a bit taller and a bit heavier.....They work fine. snowHead[/quote

I'm almost the same height and weight a couple more kg. All my skis, except the older straight ones from the 80's, are 160cm or shorter. Are you sure Mrs chris' "all mountain" plank isn't a bit on the too long side?

Although I'm not a fast skier, I ski "All Mountain", including some fairly bumpy and steep bits.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Maybe a bit of confusion here. I want to buy her Phat Luvs for (only) powder skiing and figured that they needed to be longer than her 'all mountain' skis. She rarely does piste skiing and uses both 168cms Scott Missions and 169 K2 Fujatives with confidence in most off-piste conditions (bad visibility the exception). The longer length, I assume, will give added stability when skiing at higher speeds. The reason I asked if they skied short was due to my surprise that the longest are 174cms.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
chris, Mrs ski, uses her's only for powder skiing and touring...they're fine. I don't know about Mrs chris, - but Mrs ski, doesn't ski as fast as me - so doesn't need/want longer skis. I have Apache Chiefs - 180s' - Mrs ski, thinks they are just silly. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski wrote:
I have Apache Chiefs - 180s' - Mrs ski, thinks they are just silly. snowHead snowHead
I was skiing those (mostly) happily in soft snow this year, and I weigh about 50% more than you. So, at your weight and height and skill....I have to agree with Mrs ski Wink .

(Also, I see telemark-pyrenees now have next years BD Kilowatts in a package with Freeride+ ..... I feel another purchace coming on Smile ).

chris, make sure you've got a clear getaway route when you call her "phat luv" for the first time!

(And on-topic, don't try to go too long or she'll find them rather unmanouevrable - 170 should really be as long as she'll ever need. I find 185s are just about right for me, and I'm 181 tall).
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
chris, No need to go so long - why? I'm the same height but a fair bit heavier (61Kgs at the last weighing) and I wouldn't dream of skiing so long these days. Long fats are for doing only 3 turns on the whole way down the mountain. Confused
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
chris, If your missus already has the Missions & Fujatives then why does she need another ski as they're already long & wide enough for her height & very light weight.

Spend the money on yourself wink
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GrahamN, Laughing Lin just reminded me of when you colided with her on the mountain in February. She said next time we go skiing, if you do it again, she'll give you a 'Phat' lip. Laughing
easiski, why would anyone need a V8 Chevy? wink Stability at speed, I guess.
spyderjon, if I buy her some, she can't complain about me getting new skis as well. Cool (I'm updating our quivver. We need plenty of choice when we have guests staying)
ski, Mrs Ski recommends them, then?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy