Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Truly inspirational

Poster: A snowHead
In more ways than one:

http://www.natives.co.uk/do/ecco.py/view_item?listid=9&listcatid=39&listitemid=3217

Looks like your home turf brian?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fatbob, Love the very end. That is proper mates for you.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
fatbob, it wouldn't load off the natives page for me, but if it's the guy on the sit-ski, yes it is. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fabulous!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Those sit-down skis must sport some very expensive suspension. Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Brilliant!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fantastic - what a great film..
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Finally managed to see the vid via Safari on Mac . . . everything else just craps out.

Stunning!!! Shocked and superb cinematography . . . up there with Leni Riefenstahl's work. It's only taken 80 years to get there? Confused
I've only one problem with this in that it's created by Zapiks, a professional video production company with finely honed skills and deep resources . . . I'm not sure that it fits the goal of being an 'ad-hock' record of a day on the piste. Beautiful and inspiring it may be, but it fails to meet the goal of being an amateur record of a day on the hill.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Masque,

Its definitely not an "amateur" production as Falquet is a well-known Verbier based pro skier. But it was shot in 2 days and edited in 1 as part of the Hike & Ride video contest with a small team.

http://www.redbullhikeandride.com/log_content.php

For the context and other videos.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
fatbob, I think what's happened is that post-filming resources now need to be state of the art to pull the vid into a broadcast quality product . . . which will then be used to generate an income stream.

There's no denying the skiing skills but they are playing a very subservient roll to the tight post-pro editing that makes this vid so watchable and 'inspirational'. My concern is that Pro Vid Cos are using opportunities like this event as nothing more that business promotion and the people putting in their heart and soul fo no reward are getting a short shafting Confused
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Masque, I'm not sure of your point - every seasonnaire with a laptop and a DVcam is making homebrew ski flicks these days. They'd be naive if they expected reward for it though it has provided a springboard for some to go into the pro photog/videography industry I suspect.

The contest has a variety of differnt styles and perhaps some have less polished production than others but I'd hope the contest was judged on riding & story arc as much as flashy post production software. Is it produced by Zapiks or are they just the hosting co for the natives link?

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 19-05-07 10:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Deservedly the winner, superb!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
That was ace
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
very good.and truly inspirational.. but something in me preferred ther slapstick nature of Verity & Gendles...certainly taking "hike & ride" to a whole new area..
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
bertie bassett wrote:
very good.and truly inspirational.. but something in me preferred ther slapstick nature of Verity & Gendles...certainly taking "hike & ride" to a whole new area..

McConkey and Davenport had done their own slasher movie 2 years ago in the competition with some similar decapitation etc, I thought the Brit boys effort had Shallow Grave influences but was still good.
snow conditions
fatbob, an apology, I now realise that there's been some post-production top and tail branding by Red Bull to all the film efforts . . . I found it detracting and thought it sullied the film quality (still do).
ski holidays
Wow...I love the final scene Very Happy Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy