Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ITALY: Corvava / Colfosco ski school advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello! Has anybody got specific experience of either of these ski schools? We are staying in Corvara, but from reviews (and responsiveness to my emails), the ski school in Colfosco looks better. I understand the Colfosco ski school is one ski lift away from the main lift in Corvara. being a ski newby I have no idea if this undue faff or not. Are we daft not to just take a punt on the Corvara ski school as it's on the doorstep?

We also need to hire all equipment so I guess we would do this close to which ever ski school we use, and store our stuff near the lift.

Any advice from people who have used either school recently much appreciated! Thanks Madeye-Smiley

[We are two novice skiiers and two newby teen boarders so will be using the ski school daily]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I haven't used either ski school, but the lift from Corvara to Colfosco is an easy-to-use gondola. The ski school in Colfosco is located very close to the gondola arrival point and I believe that you can book your equipment through the ski school and store it in their building, so no carrying it backwards and forwards. I know both areas very well and, if I were learning to ski, I would prefer to learn in Colfosco. We are going there in December and chose Colfosco over Corvara as my daughter's partner is a beginner and we thought it a better option for him. I hope this helps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have just booked ski hire for the family for our trip before Xmas and found that Sport Alfredo was best. I emailed them and got a cheaper price than their website. I looked at the Corvara ski school but they weren't as competitive but they do have lockers and you get a discount when booking a locker if you hire from them.

I don't have any view on the ski schools though.

https://www.altabadia.org/en/winter-holidays/ski-holidays-dolomites/ski-snowboard-rental-shops.html#page-1
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Sam,

We've used the Corvara ski school for lessons many times and have no hesitation in recommending them. All the instructors there have always been very good and really nice people. We also hire our ski gear from them and store it in the lockers in the basement of the ski school which is very handy and convenient and makes the morning trip from the hotel to lessons and back dead simple.

but ....... as absolute beginners you'll probably spend at least the first few lessons actually skiing in Colfosco as the slopes there are gentle, wide and very forgiving for beginners. It's where the Corvara ski school take their group lessons and private lessons to start with. After that it's often up onto the Alta Badia side which is nearer Corvara.

The other thing to consider is that the lessons in Corvara are an extra half an hour longer than Colfosco (10:00 - 12:45 rather than 10:30 - 12:45) for the same money so at the end of the day I'd probably stick with the Corvara ski school. It's only a 5 minute gondola ride plus a couple of minutes queuing to get to Colfosco so you will get more teaching for your money and it will be closer to your accommodation. Plus I always think a 10:30 start is just too late, too much hanging around in the morning.

Plus, depending on how your group progresses, I think the Friday full day trip for the beginners group from Corvara might be to Santa Croce which is a nice excursion. I think the fall back trip is to travel across to Badia to a restaurant for lunch but not to actually go up to Santa Croce.

I'm not sure the Corvara Ski School office is open yet. I've always found them very helpful whenever I've contacted them.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy