Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Old Volkls

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought a pair of second hand Volkl P40 GS Race Carvers three years ago, and they have been absolutely awesome. But....how long do skis last before they no longer do the things modern skis are designed to do? I rented a few skis this year, including some Atomic St12 (if I remeber correctly), and whilst they were fun and responsive they did not seem to go as fast as the Volkls seemed to want to go. So, supplementary questions, what would be a natural replacement for the P40s?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
AdrianV, Volkl RaceTiger GS Race Carvers? Effectively the direct descendant...

P40s are only a little dated - skis last quite a long time if they aren't being used. But are you skiing the ski or is the ski skiing you? You might find something like the Stockli Stormrider XL fun - I hear it's like a GS ski only a little fatter and a bit more "all round".
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've tried XL's and the Tiger and I think the XL isn't too far behind for edge at all. And it will be a better ski outside the Tigers hardpack domain, IMV. But I do think lenght is quite critical with the XL...slightly short and its a throw around ski, slightly too long and its not so friendly. The Tiger is always too short if you are near 6' but you wouldn't take it anywhere for that to matter, would you?

3 years on a second hand ski....? its all down to what sort of canning its had, I'd say
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SPAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Stormrider XL's in large quantities. 699€ normally.

450€ plus p&p for the Heady Snow people.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Murdoch wrote:
AdrianV, But are you skiing the ski or is the ski skiing you? You might find something like the Stockli Stormrider XL fun - I hear it's like a GS ski only a little fatter and a bit more "all round".

Errrm...it's a beautiful relationship - we take turns! But thanks for the steer on the Stocklis, because the other thing I'd like to try is off-piste a bit more - my attempts thus far haven't been entirely succesful on the Volkls. I did have a very little bit of fun this year on the Atomics (not the ST12s, but one of the other models - can't remember which).

Thanks all for the input! Can't wait till end of April when I return to Wengen - hopefully the snowHeads at the MSB will have left something for me!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
SPAM ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have Stormrider XL's in large quantities. 699€ normally.

450€ plus p&p for the Heady Snow people.

Looks like a good deal - I may well test them in Wengen and see what they're like.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy