Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arrival day & ski school

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,
Can you advise;
Have found a good deal for a weeks skiing holiday next week ( easter ) BUT the dates are Sunday to Sunday. Having checked the ski schools in the area, the ski lessons ( which we all need -all beginners) start on Sunday & run till Friday..............!!!
Does this mean you would join ( if possible ) a class a day late or that you wouldn't be able to join a sli class?
Thanks in advance.
Mitch
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mitchell, where are you going and have you checked around all the ski-schools - there are bound to be some independants/smaller schools out there (which may run things differently).

I would think that you would need to pre-book for that week - it is bound to be a popular week, so maybe best to give the ski school a ring as soon as you can and find out what the situation is regarding spaces/late starting etc snowHead

edit:
just seen that you said that you had checked all the ski schools in the area - so ignore my first comment Embarassed
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mitchell,

Have you booked with a tour operator? if so they should be able to sort your ski-school - I don't think I would risk holding out till I get there as it's Easter and as Ray Zorro, says it will be busy and they may well be full.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mitchell, have you really checked them ALL? One of the schools here starts Monday, with lessons Mon - Fri then a "free" session on Saturday, which is good value as lots of people have gone home and the pistes are quiet. If all else fails, with a group of you at the same level you might be able to fix up private lessons, which would probably be a very good bet - and if you got the holiday for a bargain price you can afford it! I would echo the advice above to fix something before you go, and as soon as possible. It's miserable trying to work out what to do for yourselves, as beginners in a strange place. Presumably you are going to hire skis; make sure they are no more than shoulder height, whatever the athletic 22 year old in the hire shop, who has been skiing since he was 3 years old, tells you......

have fun snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mitchell, Alot of TO (Mark Warne, Ski Olympic, Total) in Tignes do Sunday transfers, and the ski schools offer instruction for them. Take the advice offered here and book as early as you can. If you can't get group lessons it might be worth considering private lessons, depending on how many of you there are, it may not be much more expensive, and definately more beneficial.
Enjoy your holiday Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mitchell, where are you going?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mitchell, sounds like you have a group, so I'd book a private instructor for a two-hour first session. If your fitness is up to it, go for another hour in the afternoon. Then you could join a group, or continue private.

If you can squeeze in a lesson on a plastic slope (Gosling sports centre, Welwyn Garden City, was one of the better ones last time I looked into this) or at the Xscape snowdome in Milton Keynes, that could get you over the first hurdle.

Always demand an experienced instructor who likes working with beginners - speak to the manager of the ski school concerned.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Always demand an experienced instructor

might be better to try asking nicely.... I can just imagine the receptionist in our local ski school if I went in and demanded anything! (of course, if you are doing it in French, "demander" is not quite the same thing!)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy